View Full Version : Where is all the great new hardware?

anthonymoody
01-29-2004, 04:43 PM
The only two remotely interesting 'new' developments of late have been the built in hard keyboard on the iPaq 4350 and the 640x480 screen on the Toshiba...

Come on!

Where are the clamshell designs? The landscape keyboards? The landscape displays? The flip and twist displays? The 640x480 with out of the box native support for all apps?

Are mfrs waiting for the new XScale? WM 2004?

I seem to recall that MSFT greatly relaxed the hardware limitations for WM devices many moons ago. What's taking so long for the great wave of innovative hardware to come to market...or at least get to the serious rumor stage?!?

famousdavis
01-29-2004, 06:17 PM
It's because of that lack of innovative devices that I'm not eager to replace my iPAQ 1910. Wireless is nice, but I'm not hooked on it, so I make do with AvantGo. On-the-go email would be nice, but I can do that with my cell phone if I really need to.

I do long for crisper displays, longer battery life, more powerful processors, and, yes, the easy wireless connectivity that I'll eventually begin using.

Until those new devices come out, and until Windows Mobile OS offers something useful, I ... keep ... waiting ........ :sleeping:

Kowalski
01-30-2004, 09:53 AM
USB host is the most important improvement . it increases the accessrory possibilities nearly to infinite but most of the people dont mention about it