View Full Version : Plus! Sync & Go for Pocket PC

surur
01-29-2004, 02:39 PM
Has anybody tried this software (Plus! Sync & Go for Pocket PC). Was it worth the cash. Do you use it everyday, and does it make each activesync take even longer? Anybody using it in the UK (or other country)

Thx for any information.

Surur

townsendtribe
01-29-2004, 08:08 PM
I use it, I don't know that IT alone is worth the money, but I got the Plus! Digitial Media edition when Amazon.com was selling it for 19.95 with a $20 mail-in rebate, so for free is a GREAT price!

Actually I was pleased with how well and quickly it synced the data, it does take longer, but about the same time my AvantGo channels take (I have a lot of them).

The video is nice, and designed for full screen, but was choppy running from my microdrive.

I do like the options for syncing my favorites in Media Player.

All in all, it is a handy tool for media, and if you are on the go a lot like me it's a nice simple way to catch up on the news.

Jeff Rutledge
01-29-2004, 09:10 PM
All in all, it is a handy tool for media, and if you are on the go a lot like me it's a nice simple way to catch up on the news.

I've just ordered this as well. What do you use to get the news?

Sven Johannsen
01-29-2004, 09:34 PM
You'll see when you get it and go through the setup. There are some fairly standard news feeds that it offers. I don't see any way of getting things other than the ones that are presented. Seems like one of those things that requires the provider to link up with MS to have the feed available in the Sync&Go format. It's really just a .wmv (or .wma), but it has been pre-edited for the PPC experience.

Jeff Rutledge
01-29-2004, 09:50 PM
Thanks Sven. I figured it was a "you'll see" thing. 8)