View Full Version : How many cups/glasses/mugs can you see right now?

David Prahl
01-29-2004, 04:00 AM
How many drinking vessels can you see from where you are right now? (Mobile users can look around their hotspot :) )

I had this all typed up and then closed my tabbed browser. So I'll be shorter and less funny this time.

I've noticed that my desktop (the physical one) has been collecting glasses, mugs, and soft drink cans lately. In fact, I have three such "satellite" drinks within six feet, none of which are empty.

So, are you protective of your PC and won't let anything near it? Or do you only clean off spent drinks when you can't see the keyboard anymore?

Steven Cedrone
01-29-2004, 04:04 AM
How about none???

Steve

David Prahl
01-29-2004, 04:05 AM
Whoops! I had that in the original poll...

Can you add "None" to the top, Steve? I always mess things up when I try to edit polls. :lol:

buckyg
01-29-2004, 04:30 AM
Actually, at the moment, none, but I usually have a cup or mug of something around.

I sure kidded the guy at work whose coffe cup fell apart on him as he lifted it to drink, spilling it all over his keyboard and CPU case.

Glad he didn't hear about my mishap... I'm usually so careful. My laptop was in the bag while at home, across the room. I did have the bag 90% zipped shut, open just enough to let the power cord out. It was plugged in and recharging. I reached for the glass next to me from behind and of course, I knocked it over instead. It wasn't even full! The cup fell almost straight down. The liquid, of course, went flying and some of it just happened to go down the part of the laptop bag zipper that was open. Wouldn't you know, the opened area was right over one of the laptop vents?

Fortunately, the hardware guys at work didn't kid me too much. Apparently, at my company, it's more common to lose a laptop from driving over it. (!) Yeah, several folks have either put their laptop/bag down on the ground or on the roof/hood when they open the car door and then they forget. CRUNCH!

David Prahl
01-29-2004, 04:47 AM
Maybe a better poll would've been "how many PC components have you destroyed with food or drink"?

So far I've ruined a keyboard and laptop keyboard, both with a soft drink spill. Pretty good for a high schooler, eh? :D

dmacburry2003
01-29-2004, 04:50 AM
Why can't I vote in this poll? :confused totally: I didn't vote and I can see the results!

I browsed to this post a little while ago and didn't even notice something was funny...

Is there a time limit or something???

Edit: nevermind, I can now. It must have just been a browser error or something.

Jeff Rutledge
01-29-2004, 05:24 AM
3 empty cans of pop and 3 empty water glasses.

I'm horrible at remembering to take things upstairs when I call it a night...

Pat Logsdon
01-29-2004, 05:41 AM
None for me! If I need to drink at my desk, I put it on the floor. On a coaster.

Otherwise, I get in trouble, you see.

No, really. Sloppy Joes should not be eaten at the computer desk. Or so I was told. At length, and with great...eloquence.

:mrgreen:

dean_shan
01-29-2004, 05:48 AM
Just one. That's all I have.

jimski
01-29-2004, 07:14 AM
Two, but never close enough to fall onto or into any computer component (contrary to popular belief that CD tray is NOT a coaster). Of course this survey did not include a ceiling leak (leaky heat pipe) which of course had to drip right on my new laptop's keyboard for a good 10 minutes before I knew what happened. Fortunately a new keyboard made it as good as new.

peppzilla
01-29-2004, 07:16 AM
Maybe a better poll would've been "how many PC components have you destroyed with food or drink"?

My wife (girlfriend at the time) ruined a printer with Kool-Aid once. Of course, I didn't know about it until I tried to print something and smoke started coming out of it. Smelly smoke.

JustinGTP
01-29-2004, 07:26 AM
Ok, David - where do you get these insane questions from? And don't say your head. :lol:

I have 11 - most of them are on display in my room.

-Justin.

ale2999
01-29-2004, 10:01 AM
I am the worst. i drink so much tea and I am surrounded. I got 4 and my sister comes down here at least 1once a day to get some. o boy I am a lucky brother hehe :D

famousdavis
01-29-2004, 01:42 PM

My wife (girlfriend at the time) ruined a printer with Kool-Aid once. Of course, I didn't know about it until I tried to print something and smoke started coming out of it. Smelly smoke.

And you tried printing after the wedding, and it was too late by then, wasn't it?

:lol:

Mike Temporale
01-29-2004, 01:58 PM
I answered 3 because that's all I can see. However in my upper cabnet I have a desk fridge (thanks ThinkGeek (http://www.thinkgeek.com/cubegoodies/toys/5d57/) ) and in my lower drawer I have 2 cases of pop. :mrgreen:

Godsongz
01-29-2004, 03:37 PM

I just got a help-desk call from someone upstairs that dropped a steaming bowl of oatmeal on their keyboard... ewwww