View Full Version : Microsoft Money stopped updating account....

JGRicci
01-29-2004, 01:44 AM
Hey money 2004 for pocket PC...

It was working great for a while, with both my checking and IRA accounts...
until recently the IRA stopped showing up in the account manager!?

My investments still show up, but i can't display my ira account on the main screen because it's not there anymore, i've tried re-installing on the pc and on the pda, no such luck getting it to come back.... odd..

Jeff Rutledge
01-29-2004, 02:01 AM
Hey money 2004 for pocket PC...

It was working great for a while, with both my checking and IRA accounts...
until recently the IRA stopped showing up in the account manager!?

My investments still show up, but i can't display my ira account on the main screen because it's not there anymore, i've tried re-installing on the pc and on the pda, no such luck getting it to come back.... odd..

There's an old trick from the Money 2000 days that may help you.

In Activesync options for Money, browse to a different .mny file (sample.mny is a good one) on your desktop and let it sync. Then change it back to your own .mny file and see if it brings your IRA back.

tanalasta
01-29-2004, 02:08 AM
Did you soft-reset your devce whilst microsoft money was running? I've noticed that occasionally can cause bugs in the program.

A reinstall of microsoft money often solves the problem but unfortunately, I do not know if you will lose your data in that event as I do not sync with my PC.

JGRicci
01-29-2004, 02:21 AM
JR Thanks for the tip! that did the trick!

Jeff Rutledge
01-29-2004, 05:31 AM
JR Thanks for the tip! that did the trick!

Glad to hear. I wasn't sure as I haven't had to use it since Money 2003, but it sounded like your issue was similar to what I had experienced.