View Full Version : Socket WiFi Driver Update

Anthony Caruana
01-28-2004, 12:05 PM
I see that Socket have released drivers for an updated CF card here

http://www.socketcom.com/support/support_wlan.asp?Type=CF

I just tried to use the new driver for the new card with my older card and it didn't work (or at least I couldn't get it to work)

What I did notice was that the new card seems to come with a decent configuration utility that lets you power the card off without having to eject it.

If anyone finds a way of using the new utility wioth the older Socket CF Low Power Wi Fi card please share the information.

jvcrabb
01-28-2004, 02:15 PM
I might give this a try when I get the chance. I have a Symbol card and am using the previous version of the Socket driver. I will let you know what happens. Symbol said that they are due to release a WM2003 driver for their card in January of 04. 3 days and counting guys...

jvcrabb
01-28-2004, 08:23 PM
Well... no big suprises. It did not work on the Symbol card either. I guess that can be expected since the "old" Socket and the Symbol cards are identical.

Gator5000e
01-29-2004, 04:43 AM
I don't think the new driver works as after I install it and insert my card I get the unrecognized network card error. I have installed it a number of times and no luck. Am I doing something wrong?

Janak Parekh
01-29-2004, 07:00 AM
I don't see how it would work, considering it's for a new hardware revision. If it worked with the old one, don'tcha think they would have updated that driver at the same time? ;)

--janak

Gator5000e
01-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Well, I guess that must be it, but, sorry, it's not really clear that "new version" is referring to a new hardware version and not a new driver revision. After all you get to that page via support, drivers, etc.

Janak Parekh
01-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Well, I guess that must be it, but, sorry, it's not really clear that "new version" is referring to a new hardware version and not a new driver revision. After all you get to that page via support, drivers, etc.
Agreed that they could have made it clearer, but if you look closely at the pictures, the new hardware revision has a different "look".

--janak