View Full Version : Equilibrium Movie

Enderet
01-27-2004, 08:13 PM
I just finished watching this movie.... and I have no idea why I never heard of it until a couple of days ago. I really enjoyed it despite some things in it that were somewhat :?

Anybody else seen it?

karinatwork
01-27-2004, 08:33 PM
Yeah, we liked it too. If I remember right it was the clerk at Blockbuster (!!!) who recommended it to us. It's funny because we hadn't heard about it before either.

K.

Godsongz
01-27-2004, 08:42 PM
I saw it as one of Netflix's "recommended rentals" based on rating I've given to 500+ other films. They missed on this one. It was ok, but squandered the potential to be much better. Like too many films nowadays they hid a somewhat weak story inside a very slick package (see Matrix Reloaded, Underworld, etc). The "Gun Kato" scenes were pretty interesting eye-candy though.

denivan
01-27-2004, 11:39 PM
If I remember correctly, this was kind of a low budget film, it was released on video first and
made quite a profit. They (the distributor) didn't want to risk to ruin this profit by releasing it onto the big
screen...

About the movie : the story is very much like '1984', 'fahrenheit' or the dutch novel 'het reservaat'. Too bad
they didn't take the time to dig deeper into the plot though.
About the actors : Christian Bale is imo way more convincing than keanu when it comes to fighting roles :)
The scenery : pretty cheesy, due to the low budget
The fighting : 'gun kata' is cool, refreshing, and looks much 'cleaner' than matrix style, wireframe combat.
The choreography looked so 'sterile' that it was pretty impressive

Conclusion : all in all a movie I'm glad to have seen :)

Greetz,

Ivan

Jeff Rutledge
01-27-2004, 11:56 PM
Christian Bale is imo way more convincing than keanu when it comes to fighting roles :)

We'll see. Apparently he's the new Batman!

denivan
01-28-2004, 12:02 AM
We'll see. Apparently he's the new Batman!

Cool, didn't know that...his expression can be so without emotion (like in American psycho),
so I think he would be great for a true, dark , hard ass batman (like in the first one)

Ivan

Enderet
01-28-2004, 12:20 AM
a true, dark , hard ass batman (like in the first one1

Ivan

:( :cry: :|

Bleh poor Batman... I hope this new movie really does revive the Batman movies to come.