View Full Version : Help - I can't decide: Covertec vs. Proporta

karinatwork
01-27-2004, 07:58 AM
Oh this is tough: I need to decide between the Covertec case and the Proporta leather case for my new 4150. They both cost about the same, they both look great and they both have what I want. BUT I CAN'T DECIDE!!!

I am wondering how snug they are closing. When taking out the padding of the Proporta case, does the latch still fit snugly around the bottom part of the pda? Does the Covertec case give me the option of not having an attachment for a belt clip?

Any more comments on those cases from people that are using them?

Please, help... :roll:

Andy Whiteford
01-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Karina, if you can hold off for a couple of days, there may just be a an article covering these cases amongst others for the h1900 series! ;)

Both cases are very similar but I think the Covertec is a little slimmer when closed. I'll check this out and confirm later today.

karinatwork
01-27-2004, 05:56 PM
You DO realize that you are talking to a shopping crazy female..? 8)

The wait will drive me crazy... but I WILL be able to wait a few days, if there might be this review coming up. :wink:

Thanks Andy!

JustinGTP
01-28-2004, 02:07 AM
The Covertec has the WIPs system - completely removeable belt clip. I love mine for the 2215 iPaq - it is absolutely amazing. Great leather, good fit - what can I say?

Look here for other cases! (http://www.ipaqcases.com)

-Justin.

karinatwork
01-28-2004, 04:58 AM
That's just it. I don't need a belt clip, and I much rather have a really smooth case even on the back. I know the Covertec clip attachment is not bulky when you remove it, but the Proporta case doesn't have anything, which I'd prefer.

By reading through some of the reviews online I found out that Covertec has a little bit of a problem with the fit of the leather closing strap: it is too long for a proper, tight fit. I wonder if the Proporta case has the same problem. I suspect that it being a magnetic closure, you can't make it too tight (like with a snap closure, that stays put even when it's stretched).

I know you probably think that I am being too choosy about which leather case to get, but this is nothing compared to how choosy I get when it comes to buying a new purse!!! :D I think it took me longer to research which purse to get than which new pocket pc - although the expense for the pocket pc was tenfold!
:roll: (= my husband rolling his eyes).

So, thanks for any input!

K.