View Full Version : 4155 - Whatever Happened to Ipaq Audio?

ScottSherman
01-26-2004, 10:11 PM
I loved the Ipaq Audio utility that allows you to adjust bass and treble. It was on my 3900 and 2200, but it's missing on my 4155 -even though HP's webpage says it's an installed program. I called Ipaq technical support today, but I know more about their product than they do - the technician had no idea what I was talking about, suggested it might be a third party program, and was generally confused. Any ideas on what happened to the program?

Pat Logsdon
01-26-2004, 10:23 PM
On my 4150, you can adjust treble and bass (and turn on "Super Bass") by going to Settings -> System -> Audio, then select "Use Audio Tone for Earphone".

ScottSherman
01-27-2004, 04:06 PM
You're absolutely right, SS. How did you ever manage to find that setting. If it were buried any deeper, it would be wiht Jimmy Hoffa.

It's not exactly the old Ipaq Audio program, but I'm sure it will work.

You've certainly proved you know a lot more about the system settings than HP's support staff! Maybe you should send them a resume!

Thanks.

Pat Logsdon
01-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Yeah, they didn't make it very easy. When I first saw it, I had no idea what it was for - they could have named it a little better.

As far as sending in my resume...I've been in customer service before. I now have a SEVERE aversion to picking up the phone in my own HOUSE.

The only way I could do customer service now would be if I was allowed to be sarcastic. That might make it worth it. :mrgreen:

famousdavis
01-27-2004, 05:55 PM
I loved the Ipaq Audio utility that allows you to adjust bass and treble. It was on my 3900 and 2200, but it's missing on my 4155 -even though HP's webpage says it's an installed program. I called Ipaq technical support today, but I know more about their product than they do - the technician had no idea what I was talking about, suggested it might be a third party program, and was generally confused. Any ideas on what happened to the program?

At least you were able to understand the technician's words.

When I called Dell recently, I couldn't understand the support woman who answered my call, her grasp of English enunciation was so poor, and she spoke so quietly that it was impossible to talk with her.

Welcome to cheap, overseas Customer Service. :(