View Full Version : Anyone else tired of/bored with their cell phone?

Candygogo
01-26-2004, 03:38 PM
I blame my 5 minute fascination with things, especially tech. When I got my Nokia phone, I was blown away with all the features. I was for sure that I wouldn't want any other phone for a good while--boy was I mistaken!

-No, I'm not really THAT much of a brat! :oops:

Brad Adrian
01-26-2004, 05:56 PM
It's a trap that many of us here fall into -- especially those of us with a W?BIC!" mentality. I don't know how many times I've told myself, "Finally! A Pocket PC/phone/[insert gadget name here] that meets my needs perfectly! I'll never need another."

I've been using a T68i phone for over a year now and AM very bored with it, especially after all the good stuff I hear about other BlueTooth phones. So, I'm ready for a change, too.

bdegroodt
01-26-2004, 07:02 PM
I've been using a T68i phone for over a year now and AM very bored with it, especially after all the good stuff I hear about other BlueTooth phones. So, I'm ready for a change, too.

Guilty as charged! I upgraded to the T610 after a year and a half with the T68i. I highly recommend the upgrade. All your problems will be solved and it brings world peace to your entire ecosystem...at least for a couple of days.

Now. What's next?

Jon Westfall
01-26-2004, 08:31 PM
In the past 12 months, I went from a Motorola V70, to a T-Mobile Pocket PC, to my I-Mate. The I-Mate has been with me for 3 months, and I think it will last quite awhile - until I find something else really really great.

Jon.

Janak Parekh
01-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Believe me, you're not the only one. I fight myself every day, reminding myself my Pocket PC Phone or iPod or whatever is "good enough". I find that buying a new "toy" every few months keeps me sane, fortunately. My last one has been the e805, which has sated me for some time... :lol:

--janak

Candygogo
01-27-2004, 01:43 AM

:) I remember wanting a T68i phone SO bad right after I picked up my T300 over a year ago. I figured it was just as good and I didn't think I'd need this thing called 'Bluetooth' on my phone anyway! :oops:

dean_shan
01-27-2004, 07:46 AM
Nope I'm not bored cause I don't have one.

Kowalski
01-27-2004, 04:08 PM
they always sell us the technology that we can live without. but we buy the stuff because we are grown up and cant buy toys anymore :roll:

famousdavis
01-27-2004, 06:37 PM
Never bored, because a cell phone for me is like my watch. I tote it around because it serves a specific purpose, but I don't look to my cell phone for anything more than to make phone calls. Yeah, it has other features -- games, to-do list, voice recorder, etc -- but I bought the cell phone because it was small and the battery life was good. That's it.

My PDA is decidedly different. I get a LOT of enjoyment tinkering around with it. But my pockets aren't deep, and my sense of pragmatism limits new purchases to only when there is some compelling new feature that I really want in a new device.

And if my own sense of self-control fails me, I just remind myself that I'm married to a woman who is largely anti-tech. 8O :wink: