View Full Version : Who makes the side thingys???

dmacburry2003
01-22-2004, 10:48 PM
Who decides those side thingys??? (the ones like Pocket PC Ponderer, Pocket PC Pontificator, Pocket PC Neophyte, Pocket PC so and so, etc.)

Are they random?

Is there any way to get one you want?

I'm not degrading them as they are COOL 8) I was just curious.

Pat Logsdon
01-22-2004, 11:00 PM
I believe that Jason came up with them, and they're based on post count. When I hit 800, I went from a Sage to an Oracle, and I think the next step is a Pontificator, somewhere around 1000 posts, then Mystic, Magi, and finally Guru. :mrgreen:

Is there anything above Guru, Jason?

As far as getting a custom one, I think that's up to the editors/moderators. I think ctmagnus was a Troll for awhile, and also a "2000 Posts And This Is All That I Get?", but I haven't seen any others...

dmacburry2003
01-22-2004, 11:02 PM
Oh, I see. That makes perfect sense. :D

You should add Darth Vader in there somewhere :wink:

JustinGTP
01-22-2004, 11:04 PM
I think im a Pontificator... You start as a Neophyte lol!

You are a Ponderer! Getting up there sonny :D

Surgical Snack, I think you are thinking of Jake, who Jason made a "Troll" because he wasnt civil and always wanted to boast about how much better his Palm was lol :D

-Justin.

dmacburry2003
01-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Looking 8O ....

Neophyte
Pupil
Ponderer
Theorist
Intellectual
Thinker
Sage
Oracle
Pontificator

And that's up to about 1000 or so...

dmacburry2003
01-22-2004, 11:13 PM
I think Oracle is the coolest 8)

It reminds me of The Matrix.

JustinGTP
01-22-2004, 11:15 PM
I like all of them, they arent typical. Thats what happens when you are creative! Who thought of those? Whoever did, :way to go: !

Pat Logsdon
01-22-2004, 11:23 PM
Surgical Snack, I think you are thinking of Jake, who Jason made a "Troll" because he wasnt civil and always wanted to boast about how much better his Palm was lol :D
Nope - ctmagnus was briefly a "Troll" in this thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15389&highlight=troll+ctmagnus).

Personally, I think it would be cool to have my rank changed to "Octopus Hunter (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5229)". I catch and release, of course, but it's necessary because they menace the mattresses something awful. :mrgreen:

Janak Parekh
01-22-2004, 11:36 PM
As far as getting a custom one, I think that's up to the editors/moderators. I think ctmagnus was a Troll for awhile, and also a "2000 Posts And This Is All That I Get?", but I haven't seen any others...
We generally discourage special ranks except for... special... situations. ctmagnus was acting like a troll at one point. As for the latter title, who said that's special? :razzing:

Who thought of those?
Jason, mostly. I came up with one or two of the later ones.

--janak

David Prahl
01-23-2004, 03:26 AM
If you want to (cheat and) see the different names and post counts, view the member list and manipulate the data to your fancy.

Don't we have a "I just joined for the contests" rank, too?

Jeff Rutledge
01-23-2004, 03:28 AM

That's when your post count is '1'. It changes after your second (to neophyte I think...).

Steven Cedrone
01-23-2004, 03:49 AM

Actually, that rank has been retired...

Steve

JustinGTP
01-23-2004, 04:24 AM
Those links to those old threads are hilarious. You were bad back then CTMagnus lol :D Went running through and smashing the boundaries! :rofl:

-Justin.

Janak Parekh
01-23-2004, 04:56 AM
Actually, that rank has been retired...
Indeed. Jason was tired of explaining to every new member what the point was. ;) Neophyte replaced it.

--janak