View Full Version : Disable side rocker switch?

arglebargle
01-22-2004, 09:01 PM
HI there,

I don't know if I just missed an option somewhere, but is it possible to disable the side rocker switch on my X5?

I accidently hit that thing all the time taking it out of my pocket (yes, the x5 fits in a pocket!) and my dash mount. I listen to audible and music a lot and I am tired of it fast forwarding on me when I hit the rocker switch.

Thanks,

ArgleBargle

CardMSG
01-23-2004, 03:00 AM
On my iPAQ 1935 (running WM2003), I can go to Start > Settings and click on the Buttons icons. Then, click on the Lock tab at the bottom of the button screen and there's an option to lock the buttons when the device is turned of. On mine, it locks all buttons except (obviously) the on/off button.

Not sure if this is what you're talking about, but if so, I hope it helps...

PetiteFlower
01-23-2004, 09:26 PM
Start\Settings\Buttons doesn't cover the scroll button, only the 4 regular buttons.

In WinamPaq, the mp3 player I use, there is in the options the ability to map all the buttons to do whatever function when that program is running(and not minimized), and that does include the scroll button. It also has the option to disable all buttons when the program is running and the screen is turned off. So try looking in the settings for whatever program you're using to play the music :)

CardMSG
01-24-2004, 12:35 AM
Hmmm, that's strange. On my 'Button' setting screen, there's a 'Lock' tab at the bottom that disables all buttons when the unit's off.

Must be configured differently based on the PPC model.

Sorry...