View Full Version : Anybody with T-Mobile Internet?

Enderet
01-22-2004, 07:37 PM
Some time ago I asked everyone about wireless, in order to help my father. He went ahead and has the Verizon wireless setup...but now its my turn :D

However, 80 a month is too much for me and I would rather go with something cheaper. T-Mobile seems to have the best prices, but it also makes me wonder about the quality of their service.

Does anybody have any experience with T-Mobile internet? If so, could you please share your experiences with me and others in the message board?

Candygogo
01-23-2004, 03:46 PM
TMobile internet has been a touchy subject for me (check out my post in the 'Wireless' section about gprs usage.)

What kind of phone do you have? Are you going to use TZones on your phone, or are you trying to use your phone as a modem for connection with your pda or computer?

I recently found some things out (thanks to everyone who directed me to howardforums.com) HoFo is a wonderful website that's chock full of info on cellphones. Of course post here as we tend to be a helpfull bunch as well! :wink:

Janak Parekh
01-23-2004, 04:54 PM
Does anybody have any experience with T-Mobile internet? If so, could you please share your experiences with me and others in the message board?
As a rough rule of thumb, GPRS performance tops out at about the level of a 56k modem, but with greater latency (ping times). During peak hours, or with weak signals, it's slower. However, it's certainly useable and the price is hard to beat (anywhere between free and $30 depending on what setup you're getting).

I'd say the most important thing is to make sure T-Mobile gets a good signal where you live and work -- without that, it's useless.

--janak