View Full Version : 2215 rom update

rzanology
01-22-2004, 04:34 AM
i just installed the rom update, even though they said its only for the bettery, my ipaq seems to be running alot faster and smother. But...the connection icon in the top bar keeps losing the internet setting. Now i have to go to bluetooth connection and manually start the connection from there. When ever i put the connections back in it just disappears. Any one going though this?

JustinGTP
01-22-2004, 05:26 AM
Im not going to do it because of what I have read from other peoples experiences on this one, they said it did more harm than good :?

rzanology
01-23-2004, 11:42 AM
where did you read that. I like it. My ipaq use to freeze, hard reset....all kind of madness. Now its running nice and smooth. But this connection icon is making me maaaaad!!!!! Also...being that i flashed it do i stilll need to install the bluetooth update hp released a while ago?

Kowalski
01-23-2004, 12:15 PM
it seems that there are some bugfixes built into the rom update thus you are experiencing some speed boost and stability. but my device is quite stabile and do i need to upgrade?(a question which i ask myself)

Robb Bates
01-23-2004, 03:25 PM
I wonder if your new found stability is the result of a fresh install of all your programs. You know, it's that fresh out of the shower clean registry feeling :D

Robb

rzanology
01-23-2004, 08:54 PM
no i've tried hard resetting the ipaq many times in the past, but it still acted a fool. No matter what i did it would still freeze and slow down. Now i just seems to run almost flawless.

mrkablooey
01-25-2004, 05:16 PM
I wonder if your new found stability is the result of a fresh install of all your programs. You know, it's that fresh out of the shower clean registry feeling :D

http://homepage.mac.com/mrkablooey/.Pictures/hard-reset.jpg

Kowalski
01-25-2004, 08:17 PM
its so bad that we still have to try hard reset in order to gain stability. but it seems that some devices have hardware bugs. i think this is the case here

mrkablooey
01-26-2004, 01:19 AM
its so bad that we still have to try hard reset in order to gain stability. but it seems that some devices have hardware bugs. i think this is the case here

I do it more for that fresh out of the box feeling than stability. :D

Kowalski
01-27-2004, 03:53 PM
I do it more for that fresh out of the box feeling than stability

i have lots of programs installed and if i have to hard reset my device for some reason i will be very upset :devilboy:

Ripper014
01-27-2004, 07:43 PM
I did the ROM install... but not because I wanted to. From reading this post I was under the impression that maybe there were some other fixes on top of the extended battery addition.

Well to let everyone know... I have not found any changes in my device...

As far as having a lot of programs on your device... I do as well... and doing a full back-up... prior to the ROM update... makes the whole process relatively painless... other than the 10 minutes when the ROM is loading... I always sweat through that process...

So for those of you that want to chance the update... having your device hardset should not deter you... having something go wrong during the update SHOULD...

Godsongz
01-27-2004, 08:57 PM
Ripper, did you do a full restore of your backup (made prior to the ROM update) AFTER the ROM update? ummm... that just sounds wrong somehow. I'd be worried that system files restored from before the ROM update would conflict.

I did the ROM update too, not because I needed it either but more because I was going to do a hard reset anyway. But I re-installed all my software packages individually, then restored data files from a backup, then made a new full backup.