View Full Version : WiFi via USB on Medion Pocket PC (MD40600)

thaboy
01-21-2004, 08:13 PM
Hello,

i'm about to buy a Poclet PC, the Medion 40600, this one does not has BleuTooth or WiFi onboard, and does not support SDIO, so I can not add WiFi with a SD card. What other option do I have to add WiFi? It looks like there is NO CF card on this pda...is it possoble to use those little WiFi Usb sticks? anyone got some experience with this? let me know.

you kan find a review about the Medion MD40600 here:
http://www.geekstuff.tv/article.php?story_id=25

thanks, hope to here from you guys....

Fishie
01-21-2004, 11:08 PM
Nope, sadly you cant

thaboy
01-23-2004, 11:08 PM
so, is there no option to get this PDA online? (beside plase it in the cradle)....do anyone knows if this Medion PDA is SDIO compatible? some say it is....other say it isn't....

I hope to hear from you guys....

BTW Fishie....where in Belgium are you from?

Pat Logsdon
01-23-2004, 11:23 PM
I think the closest you'll be able to get to "wireless" with that PDA is a serial to cell phone cable, using the phone as a wireless modem (if you can find one).

It looks like the unit reviewed in the link is a "package" containing a GPS unit. I have no idea what the pricing is for that unit, but you might do better with something like an Axim X5 with a CF GPS unit, and just buy a CF bluetooth or wifi card for wireless networking.

Fishie
01-24-2004, 08:43 AM
I reside in Sint Gillis Waas

If yer close by drop me an email at [email protected] and we can meet up if ya want

thaboy
01-24-2004, 03:53 PM
the strange thing is...I ask this question in differnt forums etc....and some peeps say this PDA has got SDIO....other say it does not...who do I got to beleve....

(BTW: price for this, including 2 X 256MB MMC cards, BeNeLux gps cards, Car Holder = 500€)

denivan
01-27-2004, 11:54 PM
I searched the web and can't seem to find confirmed info
on the SDIO issue...so far it seems like IrDA or GSM cable is the
only option

Ivan

P.s. I'm from Antwerpen :)

Navi_Med
02-16-2004, 12:44 AM
for the Belgium guy's :

http://on4gin.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14