View Full Version : the new mypal A716

Rickyohead
01-20-2004, 11:33 PM
has anyone pre-ordered this?

is pro-portable the only vendor taking orders?

clanggedin
01-26-2004, 10:24 PM
I pre-ordered mine today. PROPortable contacted me concerning a problem on my CC. They didn't charge it but I was notified and the problem was solved within a few quick emails

They have awesome customer service. They also said that tomorrow they will have more difinitive answer on when they will begin shipping the A716.

He's going to email me when he has info on the 3000mah battery.

elhombrehuasteco
02-18-2004, 05:16 PM
I've preorderd the A716 through PROPortable. I have an ASUS motherboard, and have never had any trouble with ASUS support.
I'm looking forward to taking this PDA to the field for archaeological research, entering data directly and in real time instead of the extra step of paper forms.

Like clanggedin, I've been really impressed and satisfied, so far, with the professionalism and customer service provide by Justin at PROPortable. I've got a 15 percent discount on the extended battery once they arrive.
It seems that Justin also provides a lot of help with regards to updates for ASUS PDA's, based on his comments to forums here and at pocketmatrix.com

I believe mobileplanet also has the A716 as a pre-order at the same price, but with no offered accessory discounts, added game packages, etc.
I'm staying with PROportable due to their excellent service.

-El Hombre Huasteco

has anyone pre-ordered this?

is pro-portable the only vendor taking orders?

I pre-ordered mine today. PROPortable contacted me concerning a problem on my CC. They didn't charge it but I was notified and the problem was solved within a few quick emails

They have awesome customer service. They also said that tomorrow they will have more difinitive answer on when they will begin shipping the A716.

He's going to email me when he has info on the 3000mah battery.

imagine
03-16-2004, 01:49 PM
http://www.mobileplanet.com/ is also offering this product at an amazing $399US ($50US less than PROportable) until the end of march. With this saving of $50US, I don't think the 15% savings on the accessory will matter anymore.[/url]

imagine
03-16-2004, 01:49 PM
This ppc is perfect except for a couple of things. I was seriously considering the HP 4150 but was discouraged because of the yellow tint issue and the lack of compact flash slot. I am crazy about this one, because first of all it IS the fastest ppc on the market, since it is just the a620 with wifi, etc... and it is the same price, even cheaper than the HP4150 (i found the a716 for $399 US). However, according to reviews it cannot use bluetooth and wifi at the same time.Will This be a disadvantage for me in any practical way?