View Full Version : Somebody save my cake!

sublime
01-19-2004, 11:24 PM
I have a birthday cake that my mother keeps on taking tiny slices from and claiming that the slices are too tiny to notice. After about ten of these tiny slices, one quarter of my cake is gone. I want to bring my cake to school with me tomorrow and have it all to myself, but the cake is rather delicate, and I have no clue how to bring it to school.

So the question is this: how can I safely transport my cake out of the clutches of my mother's sugar teeth to school without ruining it?

Kati Compton
01-20-2004, 12:07 AM
They actually make tupperware type things for whole cakes.

But if you have a regular tupperware container that's big enough, use it upside-down. Put the lid face-down on the counter, put the cake on it, put "bottom" over the top. Do not turn over.

Either that, or shove it in your mouth on the way out.

ctmagnus
01-20-2004, 03:26 AM
Either that, or shove it in your mouth on the way out.

Unless he wants to take it to show people. But then he may be one of those "See? Food!" people, so your idea could work in that case as well. ;)

Jon Westfall
01-20-2004, 03:41 AM
This solution has worked for me: Buy mom her own cake...

JustinGTP
01-20-2004, 04:24 AM
Ha ha ha - that's a funny story. Why don't you move it down to your room, being that you have a fridge in there? Lol, you probably don't.

I think that your friends and other unknown people will help you partake of your cake at school and you will probably find out that it will go down faster there!

-Justin.

David Prahl
01-20-2004, 04:34 AM
We have an aluminum cake "transporter" that reeks of the '50s. Works really well - compartment on top for plates, silverware, candles, etc., built-in handle, locking mechanism...

We've never been without, so I've never contemplated life sans cake transporter. I'd suggest cutting it up into thirds and putting each piece in it's own little upside-down tupperware unit.