View Full Version : Spb Software House Seeking Beta Testers for New Photo Application

Jason Dunn
01-19-2004, 09:13 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.softspb.com/support/imageerapply.html' target='_blank'>http://www.softspb.com/support/imageerapply.html</a><br /><br /></div>"Spb Imageer is a feature-rich photo viewer, editor, and management tool for the Pocket PC. The Spb Imageer beta is available only to people who frequently work with digital pictures on their Pocket PC, and who are ready to provide useful feedback about this program. Active beta testers who submit feedback and/or bug reports will receive a free copy of Spb Imageer."<br /><br />Why am I so excited about this announcement? Because I've been working on Imageer with Spb Software House for almost a full year now (from initial concept design through to the near-final bits), in the role of a Product Manager. I won't say anything more about the software, other than that those of you who know me well know that I don't accept anything less than the best, and that's what I've been pushing for with Imageer. And now I'm posting this announcement here because I want the best beta testers possible to look at this software: Pocket PC Thoughts readers. Go check out the beta testing page, and if you qualify, sign up. :-)<br /><br />By the way, it's pronounced "Ima-jeer" for those who are curious. ;-)

Jonathon Watkins
01-19-2004, 10:20 PM
Well, I've signed up - lets see if they'll accept me. 8)

I'm still looking for the perfect photo viewer - lets hope this is the one!

l0o5er
01-19-2004, 11:26 PM
I've been hanging out for this product for over a year now, knowing that with Jason's interest in digital media it would come out & when it did it would hopefully blow the competition out of the water. Looking forward to seeing it

Godsongz
01-19-2004, 11:36 PM
and the competition is what exactly? I've used the Pictures and iPaq Image Viewer that both came with my 2215, and Conduits Pocket Artist also. What other software does this?

l0o5er
01-19-2004, 11:54 PM
check out http://www.pocketpcmag.com/awards/category.asp?catid=41#ImageManagement and http://www.pocketpcmag.com/_enc/subcat.asp?ub=Software&ca=Multimedia&su=Image+Management&cat=182 (and another missing from these http://www.ppcw.net/index.php?itemid=1292)

Barak
01-20-2004, 12:01 AM
I'm hoping to be a beta tester. I must take 20 pictures a day of my son (pictured as my avatar) :jester:

I'm bored of the Ipaq viewer. Either way, Spb makes good stuff, so I'm excited.

ctmagnus
01-20-2004, 01:14 AM
I'm not too interested in beta testing, but I've been running Palbum Suite on my 5550 since I got it; I won it several months earlier but never tried it in my 3670. I may upgrade to this product, particularly if I get a small, light, good quality digital camera to accompany my iPaq.

l0o5er
01-20-2004, 05:38 AM
I bought Palbum Suite some time ago when they had a special price, not because I wanted to install it (imo Applian Picture Perfect has a better PPC app than Palbum) anticipating that Spb would offer an upgrade price for existing users (fingers crossed 0X )

Can you confirm that existing Palbum users will be offered a special upgrade price Jason?

Mitch

juni
01-20-2004, 07:08 AM
Ipaq Image Viewer is actually a pretty great photoviewing app. I bought Palbum and Resco Picture Viewer and uninstalled them when I got my HP2210. But of course there is always room for more graphics applications. :)

Paul
01-20-2004, 08:18 AM
By the way, it's pronounced "Ima-jeer" for those who are curious. ;-)

You're a what? :confused totally: :D

msprague
01-20-2004, 03:26 PM
I think Spb has a great product here. I have just submitted my beta report to Spb. I would comment more, but -
"I agree to keep all information about Spb Imageer confidential until Spb Imageer is released to the general public."

Barak
01-20-2004, 03:40 PM
I just got an e-mail stating I have been accepted to beta test :drinking:
Can't wait to get home from work and start testing it!

dma1965
01-20-2004, 05:09 PM
No app has been able to unseat PQV 3.0 so far as far as I am concerned. It opens every image formt I know of, including Quicktime and AVI. That will be hard to top.

l0o5er
01-20-2004, 10:36 PM
Jason will Imageer include a desktop companion?

Jason Dunn
01-20-2004, 11:06 PM
Can you confirm that existing Palbum users will be offered a special upgrade price Jason?

That decision hasn't been finalized yet, but yes, I'm reasonably sure that we'll be offering an upgrade discount for Palbum users. Once we get closer to launching the application this will be decided.

Sincerely,

Jason Dunn
VP Marketing
Spb Software House

Jason Dunn
01-20-2004, 11:08 PM
No app has been able to unseat PQV 3.0 so far as far as I am concerned. It opens every image formt I know of, including Quicktime and AVI. That will be hard to top.

I can tell you right now that Imageer does not open video files - it wasn't part of the development plan, although we're not ruling it out for future versions. So keep PQV 3.0 installed. :wink: Imageer was developed with very specific usage scenarios in mind, and opening every file format under the sun was not among those scenarios. :-)

Jason Dunn
01-20-2004, 11:10 PM
Jason will Imageer include a desktop companion?

I can't publicly discuss Imageer features, since this isn't a truly public beta, but yes, there is a desktop component to Imageer.

Sincerely,

Jason Dunn
VP Marketing
Spb Software House

Jonathon Watkins
01-22-2004, 07:53 AM
Oh well - if the requests are already going out then I guess I didn't get selected for the Beta program. :?

On the other hand - I think they might be a tad overwhelmed at the moment! :mrgreen:

From the spb website:
Spb Imageer Beta Application Form
We have received many beta testing requests, more than we were expecting, and we have to stop accepting new beta requests. We are sorry for the inconvenience, but we appreciate your interest. If you want to be notified by email when Spb Imageer is released you can subscribe to Palbum Picture Viewer product updates at:
http://www.softspb.com/support/productupdates.html