View Full Version : Outlook Recovery via PocketPC?

Noghri_ViR
01-19-2004, 07:47 AM
Because of a piece of software I was beta testing for a certain company, my outlook profile became corrupted. I was forced to recreate my profile from scratch. I was able to save some contacts, and e-mail, but most everything else was lost. I was wondering if it was possiable to get my pocketPC to put all the contacts and appointments I had stored on there, to sync up and put them on my outlook calender. I haven't tried syncing up with the new profile yet and I was hoping that it would work this way without having to change anything. Does anyone know if this is the case? Is there anyway I can force the pocketPC to put the info on outlook?

dmacburry2003
01-19-2004, 08:01 AM
I have Outlook XP and did this, I believe it should work. If you set your Pocket PC/ActiveSync to sync Contacts/Calendar/Tasks/, it will accept them into Outlook. Mine just combined the items (after re-installing Outlook XP I started filling in Contacts, but then remembered that I had them on my Pocket PC).

Andy Whiteford
01-19-2004, 12:52 PM
Yes it works fine. Just be sure to select combine items when it's says this data type has not been synced before.
Do a back up on your Pocket PC first as a safeguard in case you select the wrong option.

Noghri_ViR
01-19-2004, 05:06 PM
Thanks for your help. I'll give it a try tonight

Hx4700
01-19-2004, 06:32 PM
This is why third-party sync programs are better than ActiveStink.
I use Intellisync where you can select a sync to go only one way (either way) pc to ppc or ppc to pc.
Then if either side gets messed up I delete anything remaining and sync one way to completely reload. Then change to two-way sync.
Ron...