View Full Version : Best gaming PPC/Dream machine

wizardmaster2k
01-18-2004, 05:20 AM
What do you think the best PPC for gaming/movies is. I always thought the Casio EM-500 was because of the awesome d-pad and nice HAST display, but now I think the Asus A620 is. What about you? And why.

My dream PPC would be a 1945/2210 form factor w/ EM-500 layout. 128 Ram/64 Rom, WiFi, transflective display, VGA, removable battery, and cf/mmc slot :)

Falstaff
01-18-2004, 05:47 AM
According to benchmarks, the Asus is the fastest PPC on the market, it is considered to be a very good gaming device. All of the aspects of your "dream machine" (except the form factor) are in the Toshiba e805. For gaming however, there is supposedly a very slight button lag, you should read at www.PDABuyersGuide.com, they have a very good review of the e800, and I think a review of the Asus.

Janak Parekh
01-18-2004, 07:00 AM
For gaming however, there is supposedly a very slight button lag, you should read at www.PDABuyersGuide.com, they have a very good review of the e800, and I think a review of the Asus.
The e805 also has mediocre buttons that would, IMHO, be unsuitable for gaming even if the lag didn't exist. :|

--janak

Falstaff
01-18-2004, 08:40 AM
Yeah, the odd button layout would cause problems. Of course, the best PDA for gaming is the Tapwave Zodiac, but we can't talk about that here :lol: You have to go to a store with PPCs on display and hold them to see if you like the feel of the PDA for gaming. My e755 has a small circular D-pad which makes it hard for games that require driving or something like that, but I don't game that much so it doesn't bother me. One thing that is often overlooked in comparisons is the built in video processing on the device. The e805 has a great ATI video controller. That might also affect game/video performance, but I'm not sure how much, some others in this forum should know.

Kowalski
01-19-2004, 01:39 PM
i was so impressed when i read the specs of zodiac too. but when it comes to a dream pocketpc i think asus wont be the first one because the device is soo ugly.(this is my opinion) and the button layout makes e805 loose the number 1 position. so which is the best? none! wait for sometime for a dream pocketpc for gaming