View Full Version : Does Easysync Work With Pocket Informant?

chunkymonkey75
01-17-2004, 04:32 PM
Has anyone here gotten Easysync (for synching to Lotus Notes) to work with Pocket Informant? I've noticed that Pocket Informant is a very popular Pocket PC application. And it looks like it would be useful.

Please spare me the "Lotus Notes Sucks" comments and "Commontime is the only way". I'm well aware of this but this is what my company decided as a standard. So this is what I have to work with.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Matt

Jeff Rutledge
01-17-2004, 04:49 PM
As long as it can sync with the built in applications (Calendar, Contacts, etc.), you're fine.

PocketInformant doesn't retian it's own data set per se. It utilizes the existing POOM databases (which are the ones used by the built in apps too). PI just shows the data in a much better way.

Ripper014
01-17-2004, 08:00 PM
As JR has said above... Pocket Informant is just a front end... it basically just manipulates the data already made available in the standard Pocket Outlook Data Bases... and just displays it prettier...

chunkymonkey75
01-21-2004, 04:44 AM
Thanks for the input! I'm testing the software out right now, it seems to be working great. My only wonder is if the specialized settings (like the use of icons and linking tasks with contacts and etc) sync into Notes in any way. I use Notes as my master and don't really want to lose all of that after forcing a full synch back to the device.

Any thoughts on that?

victore
01-19-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm considering going back to EasySync to keep my Qtek 9100 and Notes in synch. I don't use Pocket Informant, but when I was using Intellisync with PI, there were some issues. The developer of PI put a setting to make the PI databases "Intellisync compatible".