View Full Version : Help with wireless sync with iPAQ 4155

scdgoofy
01-17-2004, 09:04 AM
Once again, I start with my apologies... I've searched the forum but still can't come up with a solution.

I'm trying to wirelessly sync my new iPAQ 4155 with my laptop at home through my linksys wireless network. I read a couple of other threads that makes is sound as easy as simply hitting the "sync" button and presto... but no such luck.

Some detail... I can connect wirelessly to the network and access Internet Explorer. I can sync both through USB and infrared. I don't have a work connection set up (and frankly the whole concept of "my work network" vs. "my isp" confuses me). My linksys wireless network is WEP enabled (but I don't think that should matter here.) The "allow network and remote access service" box is checked on my desktop activesync.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance... -Steve

scdgoofy
01-17-2004, 09:37 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention that the OS on my laptop is MS2000.

scdgoofy
01-19-2004, 02:35 AM
Anybody with any thoughts?
Need more info from me?

Falstaff
01-19-2004, 03:25 AM
I would also appreciate a little help on this subject (I have an e755). If someone could write a detailed, step-by-step guide for setting up wi-fi syncing I think that a lot of people would benefit. It's hard for people to read through posts to find answers as it involves finding a piece here and a piece there. A start-to-finish guide would be awesome.

__didi__
01-21-2004, 07:00 PM
I had the same problem and solved it after about 2 hours.
The circumstances where the same as Falstaff's.
I missed only one checkbox in Activesync on my iPAQ.
Try it, maybe its working with your system too:
1. open ActiveSync
2. go to extras
3. go to options
4. in the listbox "Use this PC" select your PC
5. activate the second checkbox
In german it's called "Bei manueller Synchronisierung mit diesem PC synchronisieren"
In english it should be something like "sync with this PC at manual sync"

This is all I had to configure. No Pockethosts, no nothing.

My system configuration:
ActiveSync 3.7.1
WLAN with WEP 128
Windows XP
iPAQ 4150 (german version)

Mark_Venture
01-22-2004, 03:57 AM
I would also appreciate a little help on this subject (I have an e755). If someone could write a detailed, step-by-step guide for setting up wi-fi syncing I think that a lot of people would benefit. It's hard for people to read through posts to find answers as it involves finding a piece here and a piece there. A start-to-finish guide would be awesome.
Well, I kind of did this a while back... links to illustrated and text only version are posted HERE (http://marzano.home.att.net/mobile/ipaq.htm). But I never finished documenting/illustrating the router setup part, however the hand held portion is fully documented.

I also like the one Sooner Al posted HERE (http://www.oecadvantage.net/ajarvi/WM2003/ActiveSync/WM2003ActiveSyncConfiguration.html).

Falstaff
01-22-2004, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the help, I'll try it out tonight.