View Full Version : Problems with Device driver, activesync and windows XP

tdrake
01-17-2004, 02:44 AM
Hi everyone -

Ever since I got my ipaq 1935 I have been getting error messages on my laptop that tell me that a serious error has occured becuase of the device driver. IT does not tell me however which device driver or what the serious error is.

The problem occurs when I go into standby or hibernate mode for the computer and when I try to wake up my laptop instead of going back to the desktop where I left off - it stalls and then finally reboots itself completely.

The ipaq is the only thing I have loaded onto my pc since this has started so is this a problem I need to figure out.

I am on a Toshiba Satelite laptop that runs windows Xp home edition and until now have never had any problems occur with my laptop. I have no other devices or things connected to my laptop other than my ipaq and my phone line for the internet.

Any ideas on what is causing this? Do I need to uninstall activesync and re-install it or something? Is there an update to get that will stop this error?

Thanks-

theone3
01-17-2004, 02:58 AM
I think there was an update in the latest version of activesync: V3.71 that fixed this.

If not, you could try unplugging your pda before suspending.