View Full Version : form/access database software

possmann
01-16-2004, 11:17 PM
I'm looking at building MS Access Database and looking to have the information populated via forms and UI on the PocketPC device. Nothing fancy - no wireless (yet) but users will come back to their desks, synch the info with the MS Access Database which will be stored on a shared drive...

Any recommendations on what PPC software would be the best to use to inset/update the records in the database? Any development hints?

thanx

framil67
01-17-2004, 01:28 AM
I have used Visual CE from Syware to build a few applications. forms are easy to build. once the database is setup and synching, it works pretty flawlessly. the application I built were for data collection, so I only added records.

possmann
01-19-2004, 11:46 PM
Thanks - was looking at that software package anyway - which one did you use?

Have you used any others? Why the decision to use Syware? just curious - thanks!

sracer
01-20-2004, 02:25 AM
XSForm/Designer is outstanding and freeware. There's a desktop component for designing database forms, and the PPC component for data input.

http://www.freewareppc.com/database/xsforms.shtml

ignar
01-20-2004, 02:40 AM
Check out SprintDB, too. Very fast and reliable.

framil67
01-20-2004, 10:42 PM
regarding Visual CE, I used it a few years ago and was the only package I could find at the time that had the functionaity that I needed. I will have to check out the software recommended by others.

possmann
02-27-2004, 11:11 PM
Just as an update to this thread - I've been using Xforms and have lacked nothing - it provides me with just about everything I need and best of all it's free and very easy to use.

Ripper014
02-28-2004, 01:54 AM
I like VisualCE... and it would be my application of choice... I have tried XS Forms... but I could not how to put a picture as part of a record in my form...

an example would be a form for DvD Collecting... I would like to show a picture of each DvD for every record... other than that it seems like a nice little program considering it is FREE...