View Full Version : Looking for Recorder Software

Paula
01-16-2004, 11:39 AM
A while back I remember a thread where someone mentioned a software app that allows you to record notes for as long as you wanted then manage these recordings. Does anyone have any idea what software that might be?

I would like to take my PPC into meetings and record the entire meeting.

Paula

rhmorrison
01-16-2004, 01:22 PM
I think that NoteM (http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/en/index.php?soft=626) would do the trick for you. It can record / playback in MP3 format so unless you are down to your last 50k of memory it should be no problem to record a meeting or whatever.

tanalasta
01-16-2004, 01:24 PM
There are a few audiorecording software programs.

You may want to trial:
Resco Audio Recorder: Whilst not the best Resco program, it allows you to record meetings in mp3 format. Works well if you have a large storage card and an xscale processor. Also has a voice activation system which you may also find useful. www.resco-net.com

The alternative is VITO soundexplorer which is a fully functional mp3 recorder/player. The handango link for this is
http://www.handango.com/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?productType=2&optionId=1_2_2&jid=113X9559XC2363A1BEX4126216967AD4&platformId=2&siteId=1&productId=51054&advSearch=true&sectionId=1422&keyWords=recorder&catalog=30&txtSearch=recorder

famousdavis
01-16-2004, 02:50 PM
I use Vito's SoundExplorer. The latest version is pretty good, but I've found that at high-quality WAV recording settings, my unit locks up when the program appears to run out of memory -- I have enough RAM on my PPC, so it's a program memory-handling issue.

At lower quality WAV recording (or recording directly to MP3), I haven't had any problem recording for very long times (in excess of an hour, for instance).

Overall, I like the product, but I wish it worked flawlessly at the high-quality WAV setting, as I sometimes prefer to use that setting to get the best recordings. If all you're doing is recording lectures or meetings, you'll probably be fine with the lower-quality settings.

Paula
01-16-2004, 11:53 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions and for the recording quality information. I didn't know that .WAV files were of a better quality than MP3 since music is recordered in MP3 for PC and PPC.

Oh and is these an audio player (or a setting) that does not stop when I am using another app or doing something else with the PPC. I hate it when I am listening to a song and if I want to use the PPC (look at a file or set an appt.) the player stops. There has to be a way to stop that from happening.

Paula

kaitanium
01-17-2004, 10:08 AM
an mp3 is basically the lows and highs of the music/audio file cut off to save room, .wav have better frequencies