View Full Version : Audible on Viewsonic V35

RSparkster
01-16-2004, 06:54 AM
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience using the AudiblePlayer from Audible.com on a Viewsonic V35? I am currently running AudibleManager 3.5 on a V35 with a SanDisk 256MB card. Most of the time, the V35 will not power down with the AudibleManager running. It just hangs the machine if I try. I've also noticed trouble accessing certain files while AudiblePlayer is loaded (and not necessarily even playing). I've contacted Audible, and they have been no help.

I have installed the AudibleManager locally and the Audible book to the SanDisk. I am running the 2002 OS.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Randy

asok007
01-16-2004, 02:17 PM
I had hours of headaches with Audible when I first got my V37. I had used Audible with no problems on my Ipaq for a couple years, but could never get it to work with 2002 on my V37 (I would press the play button and the device would freeze and require a soft reset).

I sent 5 emails to their tech support and never got any responses. I ended up searching the web and finding a method for saving my Audible books off to mp3 files so I could listen to them. I just got my upgrade for 2003 a couple weeks ago and to my surprise, everything seems to be working now.

One thing I have noticed about Audible over the years is that it seems to work best if you always close (utils like Wisbar, etc. help with this) the player before turning off your device. I started doing this because the player always wanted to load files when I would turn on the device and it would hang for a few seconds. So I just started shutting it down when I was done and since I started doing that, it seems to cause less problems.

I also have a 256MB SanDisk SD card and haven't had any problems with Audible. For speed reasons, I don't use the AudibleManager to copy the files, I just use my SD PCMCIA card in my laptop to copy the .aa files. I still put the files in the "AudiblePlayer" directory and it hasn't caused me any problems yet and saves a lot of time.

bsr