View Full Version : Grief with Big Brother - Handango

baalloo
01-15-2004, 01:42 PM
:devilboy:
I recently went online to purchase a study aid called Pocket Flash Cards for my iPaq 4150 and typed in PPC 2003 programs. It spat back the best format for me to download but wouldn't offer a trial version of the program. Being the trusting fool that I am I bought it right away, believing in full faith that if it didn't work I could return it. WRONG! Handango will not give returns for programs downloaded that do not work on the wrong platform. It will not work with the processor in my 4150 and I got that from the maker www.dinlow.com who said that "Yes I could have a refund but I would have to go to where I bought the software. Handango just said "Too bad, that's our policy. It doesn't matter that we misled you and it doesn't work with your iPaq." Just thought people should know.

JohnnyFlash
01-15-2004, 06:08 PM
This is a perfect example of why I try to make all of my purchases at PocketGear instead of Handango.

Handango's greed and mean-spiritedness is beginning to show through.

Stone
01-15-2004, 09:26 PM
No shameless plug here (http://www.pocketpcmall.com) 8O

netwasp
01-15-2004, 09:27 PM
PocketPCMall are also really good and reliable - I've never had any probs with them

baalloo
01-16-2004, 02:41 PM
Well ladies and gents and all the rest of us, Handango reconsidered and have, upon second appeal, offered me a refund. The wheels of justice turn slowly but they do turn.

shawnc
01-16-2004, 07:18 PM
This is a perfect example of why I try to make all of my purchases at PocketGear instead of Handango.

And THIS is a perfect example of the power of this site! My guess is that Handago did not suddenly "see the light", but more than likely got wind of what was being posted.

Congratulations on your refund and thanx for posting your experience for the rest of us to read about.

Janak Parekh
01-16-2004, 09:17 PM
:clap: I've heard some people from Handango read this site.

--janak

JustinGTP
01-16-2004, 11:19 PM
They probably read this and didnt want people to go to other places lol :D

Great that they gave you a refund!

karen
01-17-2004, 01:43 AM
I get too much spam on my handango address (the one I used to purchase the software from handango), so I don't buy from them any longer.

Either a company refuses to abuse their customer or it pays the consequences.

Karen

bgate
01-19-2004, 05:36 PM
This post brings to light an interesting question. What do people think of Handango's customer service. I can't get anyone to even reply to me on a wrong registration code. It has been 3 weeks of automated replies on their side and no real interaction or help. It's driving me nuts.

Done ranting :evil:

buckyg
01-30-2004, 11:49 PM
I will let you know what I think of their customer service as soon as I hear back from them.

Until today, I've had no problem with them. I've ordered a lot from them. So today, it won't let me order. The error message is that an ESN Number is required. Yes, I know, that's the 3 or 4 digit number on the back of the credit card, an additional security measure. I understand that the major CC companies are starting to require these for online transactions.

I understand all of that. Problem is, I was never able to input this. I looked all over the screen, could not find where to enter this. (Maybe I'm blind or dumb and it was in an obvious place.) So I submitted an inquiry to Customer Service. It's Friday afternoon, so I'm hoping to hear something early next week.

corphack
01-31-2004, 02:18 AM
I used to purchase (way too much) from Handango, but after my recent experiences with their customer (dis)service people, I won't have anything more to do with them, nor will I approve the reimbursement of any of our employees' expenses accompanied by Handango charges. Sometimes you do business with people with whom you otherwise would not trust alone in the same room with your daughter, Well I would not trust Handango's management alone in the same room with my pet dog, so I would rather do without, than do business with them again.

(I doubt it matters if their people read this forum - they've proven to me that they do not value basic skills such as reading, and comprehension, so they probably would not understand anything written here, although they're probably capable of appreciating the pretty colors and squiggles.)

karen
01-31-2004, 02:57 AM
(I doubt it matters if their people read this forum - they've proven to me that they do not value basic skills such as reading, and comprehension, so they probably would not understand anything written here, although they're probably capable of appreciating the pretty colors and squiggles.)

Heeheeehee...

Looks like the writing is on the wall...they will be out of business in a year or two and everyone waiting for registration codes will be S O L.

K

corphack
01-31-2004, 03:19 AM
they will be out of business in a year or two and everyone waiting for registration codes will be S O L.

naw, registration codes are easily available by less-than-legal means, and Handango's people are so incompetant that they'll probably stay in business long after they cease to be profitable. sort of like "drowning in a thunder storm because they're too stupid to close their mouths while facing upwards."

cml
01-31-2004, 04:04 PM
Just a quick word in defense of Handango -- the only time I had any trouble getting a registration code (for Sprite Backup) they responded automatically right away, manually within two days of my inquiry, and refunded my money one week later after they got no response on their inquiry to Sprite. Also, I receive almost no spam on my Handango account, and what I do receive is pretty easy to trace to someone other than Handango. Just my two cents -- obviously, YMMV...

corphack
01-31-2004, 05:34 PM
-- obviously, YMMV

absolutely right.

I'm not saying Handango is "the evil empire", just that their customer (dis)service is regularly innconsistent, sometimes satisfactory, but way too often so poor as to make me consider hopping on a plane with a few "associates" to visit them personnally "and make them an offer they can't refuse..."

Post edited by moderator KC 31-Jan-04

buckyg
02-05-2004, 06:49 PM
I did just hear back from customer service about the lack of a place to enter an ESN for my credit card. The response was from a real person. She told me that the screen for Billing Step 2 should have had a field for this.

Hmm... It did not, so my response was if/when I make my next purchase, if it is not there, will send a print screen.

Okay, it's a few days late, and it was a sort of standard answer, but I have had much worse customer support from other places. So I'm not ready to start blasting away at them with bad comments for this. Time will tell.