View Full Version : Tek 'n' Toys - Ok retailer?

JustinGTP
01-15-2004, 05:20 AM
Hello Pocket PC Thoughts Readers!

I have heard from this board that someone complained about Tek 'n' Toys, did this "complaint" ever get resolved.

How are they in regards to business and are they reliable? They have an excellent selection of WiFi CF Cards (I know, Ive talked about those a lot lately) and I wanted to check out the store.

There sight is great with TONS of products - whats the rap?

-Justin.

Mitch D
01-15-2004, 06:36 PM
Having had a chance recently to meet the CEO of Tek N Toys I would have to say that the problem was most likely delt with in a fast manor. I beleve the one your talking about Civic was the shipping problem right?

All companies have thier share of minor problems, one neg comment does not make for a bad company to deal with.

Fishie
01-15-2004, 08:20 PM
They cary the Fishie seal of approval.
Need I say more?

GoldKey
01-15-2004, 09:51 PM
I believe this is the thread you were looking for

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=22330&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=tek+toys&start=0

They look to be extremely responsive and more than fair in dealing with customers.

Jeff Rutledge
01-15-2004, 10:01 PM
I haven't ordered from them in the past, but plan to give them the first look next time I need sometihng. I had a chance to meet their CEO earlier this week and based on my impression of him, you should feel confident using them.

Dave Potter
01-15-2004, 10:36 PM
I've spoken with the CEO on the phone and dealt with him on two different purchases. Top notch. Very good service!

David Prahl
01-16-2004, 12:24 AM
Geez, everyone has met the CEO except me! :oops:

I'd agree that they're a good retailer. The next time I have some techie cash I'm checking out their store.

Deemo
01-16-2004, 12:55 AM
Todd (owner) is a great guy and is EXTREMELY knowledgable and has a genuine love of all things tech. Nice to see! :!:

JustinGTP
01-16-2004, 03:38 AM
Wow - I really want to get a WiFi card from him. Does he have a store or is it only online?

Does anyone know if I can drop by his warehouse and pick up the WiFi card? 20 dollars for it to ship it to me in the same city is ridiculous! :lol:

Mitch D
01-16-2004, 05:20 AM
It is a web based business Civic, they don't have a location per say. I agree $20 is a little much but it is the price of business. All I can say is email them and see what can be arranged.

Mitch D
01-16-2004, 05:21 AM
Geez, everyone has met the CEO except me! :oops:

LOL... I guess that's what happens when you live so far from the action David :wink:

Dave Potter
01-16-2004, 05:39 AM
Heck - I just called him and he was more than willing to accomodate my special shipping request. I also thought that $20 was too much for shipping - without missing a beat, he offered me a less expensive (albeit slower) alternative.

I am sure he will help you out as well - you just have to ask!

JustinGTP
01-16-2004, 06:16 AM
Heck - I just called him and he was more than willing to accomodate my special shipping request. I also thought that $20 was too much for shipping - without missing a beat, he offered me a less expensive (albeit slower) alternative.

The thing is though, I am like 10 minutes away from his "location"

Do I have to call him, I sent an email 3 days ago that has not be replied back too :|

David Prahl
01-16-2004, 03:02 PM
What a curse - to be born so far from the epicenter of PPC geekdom.... :cry:

Dave Potter
01-16-2004, 06:50 PM

The thing is though, I am like 10 minutes away from his "location"

Do I have to call him, I sent an email 3 days ago that has not be replied back too :|

How hard is it to pick up the phone, dial and then ask for Todd? :roll:
If you do, I'm sure he'll let you pick it up.

JustinGTP
01-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Thats for that wonderful reply zipper :roll:

ctmagnus
01-17-2004, 04:34 AM
I'd love to order from them but there isn't too much ppc-related I want atm (that they carry).

Maybe that 2215 for Nevo.

And it'll save on PST as well!