View Full Version : Busy signal with TMobile Pocket PC

vandyfanfl
01-14-2004, 07:00 PM
I was wondering if anyone has encountered this or knows the solution to my problem.

Any time I call a phone number that is busy (and does not have call waiting), the phone does not stay on long enough for me to hear a busy signal. It seems to dial, the system seems to interperate a busy signal and cause my phone to disconnect before the sound of the busy signal is ever heard. While I have learned that this behavior is indicative of a busy signal, I always wonder in the back of my mind if there is a problem with my phone or the wireless network.

Is anyone aware of a setting on the phone that would cause this behavior? T-Mobile wants me to be at home with THREE phones availble to diagnose (my home phone to leave off the hook, my cell phone, and anohter phone to talk to them on).

Thanks,
Darren

Janak Parekh
01-14-2004, 08:02 PM
I had the exact same problem. I believe it's a design flaw in the T-Mobile Pocket PC Phone's firmware and has nothing to do with their network. It will not signal a busy; it'll just hang up and give you the three-tone sound.

It was a little annoying, and I'm afraid T-Mobile's debugging won't help it. My current i700 does handle busies in a saner fashion, so I know it's possible to do with Pocket PC Phones.

--janak

Kadegboye
01-17-2004, 07:51 AM
Hi,
This is probably not a fault. The manufacturers probably think that it is no use listening to a busy tone on a cell phone, or they may have other reasons for making it this way. It also happens to my XDA II but in this case, I think it displays a message for me to see.
Kay.

Janak Parekh
01-17-2004, 08:00 AM
This is probably not a fault.
Right, I didn't mean to imply it was a bug per se, but I do personally feel it's a design flaw. ;)

--janak