View Full Version : NEWBIE WITH LOTS OF QUESTIONS

JVL
01-14-2004, 06:25 PM
I am new to pocket pc's and new to this forum.
I have an Ipaq 2215. and am hoping to learn from the more experienced people so I can become more proficient in its use.
I will have lots of questions and some will undoubtedly think that I'm a total ass for asking some of them.
But Oh well! ! !
My first question is,,If I get an attachment with an e-mail why can't I open it up.
It doesn't matter if its a picture or excel or word file , I cant open them up.
More to follow I'm sure.

JustinGTP
01-14-2004, 06:33 PM
In your ActiveSync, you have to go to options and click on the Outlook and then make sure that you download atachments and all emails to your pocket pc. I am not at home so I cannot tell you the exact process, but it is something along those lines.

-Justin.

arnage2
01-14-2004, 08:50 PM
try hp's tech support. Its free and they do a good job. The number is 1(800) okc-ompa. (those are ohs not zeros) (its 1800 okcompaq with out the q)

Jason Dunn
01-14-2004, 09:59 PM
Questions are welcome - you'll find the community here very helpful. :-)

My first question is,,If I get an attachment with an e-mail why can't I open it up. It doesn't matter if its a picture or excel or word file , I cant open them up. More to follow I'm sure.

By default, Inbox doesn't download attachments - so when you tap on the attachment, you might see a little tiny arrow change colour. That arrow means it will be downloaded the NEXT time you sync. If you want to change this behaviour, you'll have to change the settings. Are you getting your email from ActiveSyncing with your desktop Outlook? If so, connect your Pocket PC, open up ActiveSync, right click on Inbox, select Settings, and you'll see an option to control how attachments are synched over.

JVL
01-15-2004, 06:49 PM
I just want to say thanks for your help.
I followed your directions and it now works great.
However; I'm sure that I will be posting more questions in the future.