View Full Version : New Hardware Announcements?

B
01-13-2004, 11:09 PM
When is the next show/conference/opportunity to see some official hardware announcements?

Are we in an in-between period? For example, big hardware changes (most noticeably higher rez screens and built-in HDD) are coming and vendors don't want to do anything until Windows Mobile 2004?

I was disappointed to not see many new hardware announcements/leaks come from CES. I'm guessing, given the marketing lead times for new products, that means we won't see any new hardware till at least summer and maybe nothing significant till the end of the year.

I was really hoping to see a PocketPC Phone Edition with WiFi, Bluetooth, and Camera announced and keeping my fingers crossed for an early March retail debut. Doesn't look like that will happen now or does anybody have any other info?

arnage2
01-14-2004, 03:50 AM
If this is a clue, compusa, circuit city, and best buy have low pda inventory, and hardly any models. Maybe they're prepering for some new releases. (such as the new clie's and the ipaq 6000)

B
01-14-2004, 06:27 AM
That's the kind of info I was hoping to hear. Anybody else have any other clues?