View Full Version : Pocket PCs: Small, Smart, and Coming on Strong

Jason Dunn
01-13-2004, 10:33 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/01/09/02enterwin_1.html' target='_blank'>http://www.infoworld.com/article/04...enterwin_1.html</a><br /><br /></div>"The insurance industry needs a technology upgrade. Hanging around waiting for the adjuster to roll off the couch and waddle over to take a gander at the physical and emotional turmoil that was once your pride and joy is completely for the birds! I’ve got a camera phone with Web connectivity. My insurance carrier has a Web site and, presumably, someone with enough IQ points to manage it. I should be able to send these clowns pictures of the accident, the car, and the schmuck who hit me and get my check processed in hours, not weeks..."

David Prahl
01-13-2004, 11:00 PM
Photoshop.

lonesniper
01-13-2004, 11:08 PM
Would be nice in an ideal world. Lots of other situation could and should be dealt like that....but they won't.

Reason I believe is "that middle man". There are lots of them and if computers do all their work what do they do???

(Kind of like the reason we have to eat Burgers so the world is not full of cows)

quidproquo
01-13-2004, 11:11 PM
I work for an insurance company in the claims department. I am an Operations Analyst and we look at stuff like this.

We have some field reps in the North West Region (Seattle) testing/using table PC's out in the field to do scene diagrams, upload estimates immediately and cut checks on the spot with a mobile printer.

We can do some of this now with a laptop but the connectivity on the road is the problem.

As far as your pictures go....I am sure the adjuster assigned to your claim has an email address. Send it to him!

Then the issue becomes whether or not he will get his butt off the couch to check his email! :wink:

Bill Gunn
01-13-2004, 11:26 PM
"I should be able to send these clowns pictures of the accident, the car, and the schmuck who hit me and get my check processed in hours, not weeks..."

And in that perfect world, no one would ever send in falsified pictures.

joelevi
01-13-2004, 11:49 PM
"I should be able to send these clowns pictures of the accident, the car, and the schmuck who hit me and get my check processed in hours, not weeks..."

And in that perfect world, no one would ever send in falsified pictures.

In a perfect world we wouldn't have car wrecks... maybe we wouldn't even have cars. ;)

maximus
01-14-2004, 02:13 AM
In an ideal world, everyone has a personal transporter unit attached to their wristwatch ... Scotty, beam me up.