View Full Version : Windows Mobile 2003 and Inbox Problems

Squid
01-12-2004, 11:39 PM
Just noticed that this has happened. Not sure why or where they went, but I am missing a bunch of e-mail.

I recently upgraded the the OS to the new Mobile 2003. I have been having problems getting e-mail to sync. I have the settings under options selected to copy email attachments with the e-mail. I have the Inbox settings selected to save all attachments on my SD card. I also have several other folders selected to sync in addition to the Inbox. However, none of the other folders are syncing properly. Wait that is not right. One of the other folders is almost alright. It has synced everything but an email with an attachment. I have gotten along with out this for a couple of days since I upgraded the OS. Today I noticed that the folders that I had set to sync are now empty (on my PC). They are not in the deleted folder. They have just disappeared. They are not on my PPC either (I have an iPaq 5455).

Obviously I am not getting these e-mails back. Some of the work stuff I can live without. But I had an entire folder of confirmation e-mails from software vendors with all of my registration codes for my PPC that is now gone.

Does anyone know what may have caused this, or what may fix it?

Thanks,

Kevin

Deemo
01-15-2004, 03:51 PM
Usually you can set it to sync items that are only"X" days old so that it keeps only the most recent.
Is that the problem?

Squid
01-15-2004, 04:38 PM
Thanks Deemo,

Good thought. I have all of that set to sync all of my e-mails and to not limit attachments size or type. This is why I am so messed up by this. I have had three iPaqs now and have never had this sort of problems before.

I have had a random attachment not go because of the file type or something, but not all of them! I have tried to do a hard reset, change my Device Name and start from scratch even. No dice. REALLY has me frustrated.

Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate it!

Regards,

Squid