View Full Version : Charging the Samsung i700 Standard or External Battery

Chris Spera
01-12-2004, 09:35 PM
I've noticed that while charging either battery, the Charge Level indicator in the Power Control Panel Applet bounces up and down as the battery charges.

It will bo from 70% to 45%, then to 65% to 50%, then it will stableize at about 70% for a few minutes. Then it will start bouncing again ranging anywhere from 40% to 85% depending on the charge level of the battery, until it reaches 100%. The battery charge level RARELY turns green (full charge, moving to trickle charge mode) and then when it does, the Main battery never changes status from Recharging to Charged (or what ever it really is... I've never see the status lable change...)

Has anyone else seen this..?

Kind Regards,

Christopher Spera
pocketnow.com Contributing Editor & Columnist
-----
pocketnow.com...its all about portability.

Janak Parekh
01-12-2004, 11:06 PM
Hmm. I've actually never watched the charging indicator when it was charging 8O I assumed it uses a canned animation like most Pocket PCs.

--janak

Chris Spera
01-13-2004, 12:38 AM
My 5455 w/ WM2003 doesn't use animation. It reports the actual charge (and changes to it) while charging. I assumed the i700 would do the animation thing like my 1945 did, or report the real-time charge status like the 5455. This one really took me by surprise...

Kind Regards,

Christpher Spera