View Full Version : Calligrapher pencommand macros

tanalasta
01-12-2004, 01:23 PM
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone who is an expert at pencommander's script created any good commands? I'm trying to find out how to create a "save" command at the moment but haven't quite figured out how.

Sven Johannsen
01-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Not sure what you want to 'save'. Pretty much everything you do on a PPC is saved automatically. Only exception would be if you were to soft reset while something like a word document was open. I would guess that ctrl-s might save, so a macro to enter that should do it.

My macros tend to be just to make entry of text that is long and repetative easier. My e-mail address(s) and password(s) for web mail for instance. Signature blocks for e-mails, in case you don't use a fixed one. Maybe a Note template that puts in headers, for a call record or something.

Have you downloaded the free desktop macro builder? It's a lot easier than creating these things on the PPC.

tanalasta
01-13-2004, 02:41 AM
By "save" I mean with microsoft word (usually) and the ability to click tools/save document as. I am aware it automatically saves but i don't like having to manually rename all my word documents and the way that clicking ok also closes the document. i'm one of those obsessive-compulsives who save every coupla minutes just in case my devices freeze up. :oops: It's not too hard to manually click on the options but i thought a macro would be way cool!

Didn't think of a password macro... what a good idea! No-one else uses my ppc so security isn't really an issue. 8)

Jon Westfall
01-13-2004, 05:44 AM
Free Desktop Macro creator... wow... gotta find that... Thanks!

Jon Westfall
01-13-2004, 05:48 AM
Anyone looking for this can find it at http://www.phatware.com/calligrapher/vpc.html - great tool for pencommander users.
Jon.