View Full Version : [b]HELLLLLP!!!![/b]

Bajan_gal
01-11-2004, 11:12 PM
I have a ViewSonic V35 it was working fairly ok until 2 weeks ago that is when i realized that i forgot to recharge it and all my information was lost. No biggy i just decided to recharge it but from that moment on it comes on and then freezes. I have done several soft resets and even several hard resets I have also reinstall the program for a hotsync on my PC. I need some serious help cause nothing seems to be working and I'm seriously considering throwing it out the window. Can anyone help me please???

Jon Westfall
01-12-2004, 12:14 AM
I had a strange problem with a v36 where it just wouldn't turn on, even after a recharge. My solution was the following:

1. Remove battery, switch battery lever to "off"
2. Wait about 3 hours (Personally, I went and ate a good meal, sat in a hottub, and watched an episode or two of MASH).
3. Reinstall battery, switch battery lever to "on", close and lock battery door.
4. Let charge for 3 hours (nap, MASH, some Stargate with the girlfriend, for me).
5. Return, and hopefully unit works.

I think removing the battery helps the viewsonic completely reset, more than a soft or hard reset can do for some strange reason.

Hope this helps,
Jon.

Bajan_gal
01-14-2004, 04:43 PM
dadarkmcse, I tried your solution but it did not work. All that is happening is a red light keeps flashing. Any other solutions ? I'm practically going out of my wits. I am totally lost without my PPC

MeowthMan
01-15-2004, 08:57 PM
If the battery has been in discharged status for over 72 hours, (3 days) the proper working of the device is not guaranteed...

You should take the device to the place where you bought it from and ask if it could be repaired. I hope you have a some sort of warranty...

Bajan_gal
01-16-2004, 04:59 AM
unfortunately i bought this PPC from a guy who bought it from Amazon.com and apparently ViewSonic does not give warrantees to 3rd party buyers. Any other suggestions??? ANYONE????? :( :cry: