View Full Version : Imate and Sandisk SDIO WiFi

heli_ca
01-11-2004, 06:21 AM
I have an imate and am using the Sandisk SDIO Wifi. Here is something that I've noticed and wondering if anyone has noted the following.

When wifi led is solid green and all is working ie surfing and email good, turn off the wifi from the Sandisk utility and leave card in. Now if you go back into the utility and turn on the wifi, it will all work fine. So far so good.

Now with the card in and all working, go and turn off the wifi via the Sandisk utility, take out the card and re-insert it. Now go to the utility and turn it back on, the led will go solid green but now I can't surf or get email. If you check the available networks section it will show none available and the "Networks to Access" will show the selection "Only computer to computer". You can use the utility to switch it on and off and on again and the same result will happen. The only way to reconnect now is to take the card out and insert it back while the utility radio is set to on(or a soft reset while the utility is set on). A soft reset while the utility is set to off will not rectify it.

To summarize:

While card is working you can turn if off and then switch it back on with no problem if you leave the card in, even if you switch off the power to the imate. If you switch the utility off and take out the card, it will not work next time when you insert it and turn it on via the Sandisk Utility. You must take the card out while the utility is set to on and then reinsert it. This is why some people think that the card is not working?

Im curious to see if anyone else notices.