View Full Version : Lefty needing help finding an aluminum case

goirish!!
01-10-2004, 10:04 PM
I'm about to receive my new Ipaq 19xx on Monday and have been looking for an aluminum case for it but have been running into the same problem time after time. It seems that all of these style cases open to the side, the left side that is. And for me that's just not going to work.

Does anyone know of a FULL case, not a flip cover, that will do the trick for me? Either one that will open from the other side or one that has a flip cover.

Thanks in advance!!

Jason Dunn
01-10-2004, 11:04 PM
The Proporta cases open to the right - in fact, all my metal cases open to the right... :-)

Dave Potter
01-10-2004, 11:16 PM
Yes - Jason's correct. I have an aluminim case for my 1935 and it opens to the right. Mine is an InnoPocket Metal Deluxe Case:

http://www.ipaqcases.com/store/mdc1900.htm

goirish!!
01-11-2004, 03:00 AM
:oops: OOOPPPSSSS..............I was actually wrong in my first post, the problem is that the cases do in fact open to the right and not to the left as you both have pointed out.

(I must have not been in my right mind when I wrote that.... :popcorn: was that one too corny?)

Anyway, for me I need one that opens to the other side so I can hold it and write. Any ideas? I'm not too crazy about just using a flip cover but this may be my only other option besides going leather.

Chin0z
01-11-2004, 07:15 AM
As a lefty myself, I bumped into this problem too. And my solution? Ditched the case and now I'm fully enjoying the benefits of having a slim PDA

goirish!!
01-11-2004, 05:15 PM
As a lefty myself, I bumped into this problem too. And my solution? Ditched the case and now I'm fully enjoying the benefits of having a slim PDA

I totaly agree with wanting to keep it as slim as possible, this is the biggest reason for getting the 19xx series, but due to my company's policy of not having anything attached to the belt that might become lost I am forced to carry my PPC in my pocket.

Actually now that I think about it carrying a Pocket PC in your pocket is the correct method of transport is it not? :frusty:

Anyway, it's the damage that I'm trying avoid when out on the shop floor. If I could sit in my office all day this would not be a concern but alas I can not. Any further thoughts?

shawnc
01-11-2004, 07:17 PM
goirish,

I like the idea of slim/light. That's why I purchased the 4150. Matter of fact, I'll have it with me at the "Pete" tomorrow night while Pitt is spanking ND :wink: .

goirish!!
01-11-2004, 07:31 PM
goirish,

I like the idea of slim/light. That's why I purchased the 4150. Matter of fact, I'll have it with me at the "Pete" tomorrow night while Pitt is spanking ND :wink: .

Yes, well although I do agree that the 4150 would be nice I was only looking for a temp unit to use for a while till I decide what I want to do next. This one I snagged for $150 shipped so it should do for a few months.

BTW - Too bad you didn't have your 4150 on Oct 11, you could have PMed me about that game. :takethat:

Last stat: Football - IRISH 43,17,1 against Pitt
Basketball - IRISH 25-20 against Pitt

It's good to be the IRISH!! :rock on dude!:

CTSLICK
01-11-2004, 11:24 PM
I gave up my search for any metal case that caters to lefties and bought a Rhinoskin for my Axim. Having it hinged on the right side has not caused a problem at all.

goirish!!
01-12-2004, 12:45 AM
I gave up my search for any metal case that caters to lefties and bought a Rhinoskin for my Axim. Having it hinged on the right side has not caused a problem at all.

Ya' know I think that I have reached the same conclusion. I have ran "lefty" searches on four PPC boards and have come up with the same results each time.

Oh well. I wonder why no one has made a top flip aluminum case yet. To me that would make more sense anyway.

Thanks to all for the feed back.