View Full Version : True PDA back up

FunHouse82
01-10-2004, 02:15 AM
Hi, I want to get a new pda, and sell my old one to a friend, problem is that I habe A LOT of important contacts in my list and some important notes and files. How can I back this up so that it goes directly into my new PDA both are IPAQ's by the way.

ctmagnus
01-10-2004, 03:18 AM
Do you sync it with a desktop? If so, all the contacts, notes and files are already on the desktop. Simply cradle the new one, create a partnership and you're set!

townsendtribe
01-10-2004, 05:53 AM
If you don't sync with outlook, you could use Sprite Backup and just backup the data, not the applications.

Ripper014
01-10-2004, 07:10 PM
Why not just simply move your documents in question over to your "MyDocuments" folder... your desktop will sync to that folder anyway. Just make sure not to delete the partnership to soon. When you create a new partership for the new Pda... rename that folder appropriately... or copy the files in the new "My Documents" folder on the desktop...

tanalasta
01-11-2004, 04:07 AM
As someone mentioned earlier, if you sync with desktop outlook then all your existing data will be transferred when you create the new partnership with another device. I think Pocket informant lets you export contact list data although i've never done it myself.

As for notes/files, if they're on a memory card then there's no reason why you can't just leave them there. Your new device will read them just fine (if it uses the same card-type!). Otherwise, drag them onto your desktop and then copy them to your new device.

If you're using sprite's backup to transfer your data, be sure you only backup the data you want to transfer..... as complete backups/restores are usually not recommended between different devices.