View Full Version : Family Calender Software ?

fivepetpalace
01-09-2004, 08:37 PM
Where can I find software that will let my wife and I see each others calenders on our pocket pcs ?

thanks,
Michael

rhmorrison
01-09-2004, 09:13 PM
I would try looking in your PocketPC. The application is called calander. You should use one OutLook on your PC for all appointments and always synch in both directions. Create HIM and HER categories and assign the appointments to the proper catagories. Then you can filter on HIM/HER (or whatever you want to name them) on your PDA to just see your appointments (HIM), just see HER appointments (HER) or to see all...

famousdavis
01-09-2004, 10:35 PM
I would try looking in your PocketPC. The application is called calander. You should use one OutLook on your PC for all appointments and always synch in both directions. Create HIM and HER categories and assign the appointments to the proper catagories. Then you can filter on HIM/HER (or whatever you want to name them) on your PDA to just see your appointments (HIM), just see HER appointments (HER) or to see all...

Could you limit which categories are synced between desktop Outlook and PPC Outlook? For instance, maybe I don't want my wife to know I'm not coming home for lunch because I'm going on a company-paid luncheon for 2 hours! :twisted:

Put another way, can I choose which categories to sync and which not to sync, or is it an all-or-nothing choice?

rhmorrison
01-10-2004, 09:26 AM
Could you limit which categories are synced between desktop Outlook and PPC Outlook? For instance, maybe I don't want my wife to know I'm not coming home for lunch because I'm going on a company-paid luncheon for 2 hours! :twisted:

Put another way, can I choose which categories to sync and which not to sync, or is it an all-or-nothing choice?

I think that this is possible but remember ALL of the appointments would be visible in OutLook on the PC!

There is also the possiblity of running OutLook on two different profiles and then using Meeting Requests for those appointments that you want your partner to know about. There was a thread about using this method a while ago but it goes beyond my experience! :oops: