View Full Version : Jornada 928 Battery Life

petemitchel
01-09-2004, 12:32 PM
Hello,

i get an 928 in germany and using it now 3 days. I think the battery life is extremly short, 8h without using gprs or mediaplayer. Just making some appointments or making some calls. I ckecked HP in UK support i bad. Has anybody information the normal day to day use battery lifetime. Also every other experience are welcome.

Pete

dsw
03-22-2004, 07:18 PM
Have had one for a year - battery life is awful. Even if you turn off Infra Red receive and anything else that could be using power, the main and backup batteries will be flat within 7-14 days of keeping the machine switched off! Even overnight it drains power. Have just added a pocket keyboard, which of course makes it worse. No wonder there is a socket to plug into the mains through the keyboard.

Spoke to HP in the UK who claim not to know of any problems - but several salesmen I know of are only too well aware there are problems.

Also have a 568 which suffers none of the problems above, so there must be some power drain while the 928 is turned off.

Stephen Beesley
03-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Hmmm - I have been watching the many ebay UK auctions for 928 very closely of late and as the prices continue to fall I have been more and more tempted to jump in and buy one. I gues the question for me is whether you are actually going to get a day's usage out of a battery charge - figuring on no more than 1 - 1 1/2 hours of actual talk time during that period.

dsw
03-23-2004, 04:49 PM
I think you are optimistic on getting even 1 hours' talk time. I have tried 4 several different 928s and they all have the same battery life problem. As a phone they are hopeless without an earpeice - any background noise and you can't hear what's being said in the earpiece. Save your money and go for something else!

Stephen Beesley
03-24-2004, 10:09 AM
I think you are optimistic on getting even 1 hours' talk time. I have tried 4 several different 928s and they all have the same battery life problem. As a phone they are hopeless without an earpeice - any background noise and you can't hear what's being said in the earpiece. Save your money and go for something else!

Thanks for the advice - I have had a bit of search around the net for reviews and they all seem to bear out what you say. Pity I really like the form factor of the 928s. Oh well

xdev
11-02-2004, 09:44 PM
i dunno, maybe im doing something different
i get 3 hours talktime with a full charge, and i use it very heavily to read avantgo and webpages and listen to the occasional MP3..
i think the battery life is good.
my problem with it is tht its quite slow. form factor and featurs are BRILLIANT..if only HP came out with a clone of this but with 620mhz processor, VGA and tri-wireless.