View Full Version : Logitech''s diNovo Media Desktop

Vulcan
01-09-2004, 07:15 AM
Man do I want this Bluetooth Keyboard and mouse...Check out that removable media keyboard with the little LCD readout!

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm?page=products/details&CRID=486&CONTENTID=7321&countryid=2&languageid=1

Janak Parekh
01-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Yes, it's very nice-looking. I'll buy one the day they release it in "natural" form. Unfortunately, it looks like natural keyboards are disappearing... :cry:

--janak

p.s. Moved to Off-Topic, where it belongs...

yslee
01-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Yes, it's very nice-looking. I'll buy one the day they release it in "natural" form. Unfortunately, it looks like natural keyboards are disappearing... :cry:

Same here, I'll be in trouble if my current keyboard dies.. where have all the natural keyboards have gone?

Janak Parekh
01-09-2004, 10:33 PM
Same here, I'll be in trouble if my current keyboard dies.. where have all the natural keyboards have gone?
Microsoft sells two -- one corded one and one cordless one. Both have the evil F-Lock though. :evil: Logitech sells one, but only cordless and only with a mouse, and not the MX700. :evil:

I miss the Natural Pros.

--janak

Dave Beauvais
01-10-2004, 12:50 AM
I miss the Natural Pros.
Ditto. I managed to find one Natural Keyboard Pro a little over a year ago at Staples and bought it to have as a spare. It's sitting in its box right now in a closet awaiting the sad, sad day when my original Natural Keyboard dies. I've had this baby since they were introduced back in 1994 and it still works like new. As far as I'm concerned, there has never been a good replacement for the original Natural Keyboard. The Elite was a piece of crap and even the Pro feels cheap. (Pressing on the palm rest results in plastic creaking sounds while the original is rock solid everywhere.) The new keyboards with their non-standard key layout are simply atrocious. Any keyboard that forces me to re-learn how to touch type will never have a place on my desk.

I actually take my original Natural Keyboard completely apart about once a year to give it a thorough cleaning. (Yes, really! ;) ) Everything from the housing to the individual keys gets a soapy bath and scrub with a toothbrush to get rid of all the nastiness that accumulates over the months of use. I even have a spare, non-working keyboard to use for spare parts in case keys get broken or the cord is damaged. I plan to use this thing for as long as PCs come with PS/2 ports. :D

Janak Parekh
01-10-2004, 12:57 AM
(Pressing on the palm rest results in plastic creaking sounds while the original is rock solid everywhere.)
This is true, but I've grown to ignore it; and I prefer the Pro's touch to the original or the Elite's. And the integrated USB hub was fantastic. I'm typing on a Natural Multimedia now, and if you thought the Elite was annoying it's not even 1/10th as annoying as the Natural Multimedia. I still have a Natural Pro at home and one more lying around elsewhere. Maybe I'll drag one into work one day... ;)

--janak

Vulcan
01-10-2004, 08:34 AM
I had the natural keyboards.....I bought a Lite-On natural jeyboard with a build in touch pad and never could get used to it. I am using the same old keyboard that I have had for 15 years! I paid $100 for it new and it still works perfectly. People look at it funny when they don't see the Windows Key...

Janak Parekh
01-10-2004, 06:39 PM
I had the natural keyboards.....I bought a Lite-On natural jeyboard with a build in touch pad and never could get used to it.
Couple points:

1. It takes time and effort to get used to a natural keyboard. You also really need to know the "right" way to type, otherwise you'll find the split infinitely frustrating.

2. I've used a number of non-MS and non-Logitech natural keyboards, and I haven't been happy with any of them. The touch and the splits they do tend to be of poorer quality.

--janak