View Full Version : Two Help Files in MS Reader Library

baker
01-09-2004, 03:46 AM
OK, I give up. Some time ago I did the MS Reader "upgrade". This time to save RAM and since I do not use Reader often, I asked it to put it on the storage card. My Library in Reader continues to show the outdated help file. I've tried fought and the only way I can get to one is with a hard reset and back to the old Reader. Any ideas?

Jorgen
01-09-2004, 10:54 PM
But isn't the old reader and helpfile in ROM so it (and the old MS Reader) will take up ROM space whether you can see it or not?

Jorgen

baker
01-10-2004, 02:18 AM
But isn't the old reader and helpfile in ROM so it (and the old MS Reader) will take up ROM space whether you can see it or not?

Jorgen

Yes. I know and understand. Maybe I was just hoping for the impossible. The "new" Reader claims you can select fonts, but I can't get that going either.

Jorgen
01-10-2004, 08:06 AM
I just found out that I had the new reader 2.2.2 on my 1910 (MS Reader is not preinstalled on this). I can change the font size on most ebooks.

If I use the MS Word plugin to make an ebook, it works fine. If I make the ebook using my old ".LIT-maker" called rwstan.exe (and I still have loads of those left), it wont. It seems that the ebooks have to be somewhat recent.

Jorgen

Jorgen
01-10-2004, 08:08 AM
To make sure you have a recent ebook to test with, try picking up a free ebook from www.fictionwise.com. Or PM me an email address and I can send you an ebooks that works.

Jorgen

baker
01-10-2004, 03:00 PM
It's an older Reader NASB Bible that I was trying to read, so the font change must only work with the newer books. Thank you for sorting this out for me. I'll try one of the newer ones.

Jorgen
01-10-2004, 08:40 PM
Email them as they probably have a newer one.

Jorgen

Jorgen
01-10-2004, 10:25 PM
Or - assuming that the bible is in the public domain or you live in a place it is legal to use Convert-Lit (search for it via google.com - it used to be stored at Jackson Software Engineering, I seem to remember) - you could convert the .LIT-file to a html-file and then use the MS Word LIT converter to make this to the advanced .LIT file.

Jorgen