View Full Version : Are e-books full versions or abridged "reader's digest" versions?

Rsix
01-08-2004, 11:30 PM
Just curious before I start buying them.

Thanks

Kati Compton
01-08-2004, 11:41 PM
I would assume that they are full unless labelled otherwise.

Jorgen
01-09-2004, 02:40 PM
Absolutely - I have checked several books I have as both ebooks and pbooks - they are the same.

If you haven't tried, get some free of charge from www.blackmask.com or (after signing up free of charge) from www.fictionwise,com. I read nearly only ebooks these days.

Jorgen

Jay Hartman
01-17-2004, 04:56 AM
As a follow-up, the ebook versions are often contain MORE than their print version. Sometimes special excerpts, interviews, etc. These are usually indicated in the ebook's description, wherever you're buying from.

Jay Hartman
Content Editor
KnowBetter.com: For Everything Ebook
http://www.knowbetter.com

Monty
01-27-2004, 07:49 AM
I've read a bunch and I'm sure that none of them were abridged. There is no real need, especially since many are old enough to be copyright free anyway. File size is not an issue, as even full size novels are in the 1-2mb range. The ones I have read include The Hobbit, the entire Lord Of The Rings trilogy, a few Harry Potters and several others new and old.

susall
03-13-2004, 01:08 AM
I have literally hundreds of ebooks - they are unabridged in every case.
-sulu

yannickvillegas
03-19-2004, 09:59 PM
I've read a bunch and I'm sure that none of them were abridged. There is no real need, especially since many are old enough to be copyright free anyway. File size is not an issue, as even full size novels are in the 1-2mb range. The ones I have read include The Hobbit, the entire Lord Of The Rings trilogy, a few Harry Potters and several others new and old.

Where did you get the lord of the ring?

dh
03-20-2004, 12:10 AM

Where did you get the lord of the ring?
There are not any legal versions of Lord of the Rings or HP available. LoTR and The Hobbit used be posted on a PPC site (Sprinklerhead.com), not anymore though.