View Full Version : Which servers and OS supports Pocket PCs?

cavellyong
01-08-2004, 06:24 PM
Hi there! I’m new to PDA stuffs. Is there anyone out there who is willing to brief me on how companies are able to integrate PDAs to their business? Do they have to be concern with the current server and the OS of the computers they are using? If so, what then, are compatible to Pockect PC PDAs? Does Sun MicroSystems and all Windows OS support Pocket PCs?

Thanks, cheers to all!

PetiteFlower
01-08-2004, 07:25 PM
All Windows systems do, well I don't know about really old ones but at least 98 on should and maybe 95 too?

Not sure about Sun.

Mac, not so much, but there are ways to get around it.

ajnemasis
01-08-2004, 08:46 PM
The company that I work for uses PDAs to sync with their email, calendar, to do's & contact lists using Lotus Notes.

We mainly use Win 98SE, Win 2000 and Win XP home and Pro for our OSes.

We run some Linux and IBM AIX servers but at this point nothing is integrated with PDAs, though we are looking at some products that would allow certain integrations.

We are getting ready to impliment a new program called Service Power that will allow our service techs to use PDAs for mapping and schedule changes directly to our servers and staff.

cavellyong
01-09-2004, 04:03 AM
Thanks to both of your for the information. Really appreciate them.

Btw, what happens if the server does not support the OS on the PDA? I'm sure with all the modern technologies around, there will be some ways to overcome this. But how can I find out which software could be used to integrate both the platforms?