View Full Version : Just bought an E405 over the iPaq 1945

Macguy59
01-07-2004, 08:20 PM
It boggles my mind how anyone can continue to say that the display on the 1945 is superior :roll: The display is even better looking then 2215 I had before buying a smartphone. Ok you E405 owners . . . share with me some of the love you have for your PPC :mrgreen:

Draculaaa
01-07-2004, 08:50 PM
Hello Byteme,

I'm glad to read your post 'cause right now I'm taking my decision about getting the 405 or not. I posted my message in the Just Chatting forum.

I almost bought the 405 today from newegg.com ($260), but I then I stumble across a post where a guy mentioned that he had battery issues with two different 405's, he said that the PDA didn't give him more than 30 minutes of battery life.

How's been your experience with the battery life of your 405???. Are there any "issues" with it?

BTW.... this is going to be my first PPC (former palm user), and since I'm outside the US the "if it's good keep it otherwise return it" philosophy it's no applicable to me.

What about other issues I've heard??, about that the stylus sucks, or that there's a lag when pressing the d-pad ??. Is it true that the 405 doesn't ship with the leather sleave case like the 355 ?? . I knew that they didn't include a cradle, but they didn't include the sleave case neither?. Not a single type of case protection for a $260 PDA?

Thanks

Drac

Macguy59
01-07-2004, 09:00 PM
I responded to your post in the other thread Drac so I won't repeat myself here. I haven't had any issues with battery life, but I don't consider myself a power user. There is obviously something wrong with the persons unit if he/she is only getting 30 minutes of battery life. Unless your using something like a SD Wi-Fi card non stop with the brightness cranked all the way up. I have used mine off and on doing things like installing apps, playing movie clips and using contact info lists since I charged it up yesterday and I still show 68% battery life (And I DO crank up the brightness to max). Of course battery performance is entirely dependent on how your using your device.

Draculaaa
01-07-2004, 10:08 PM
Thanks for your answer Byte.

Well I think that what you describe suggest that the battery issue mentioned by the other guy should be a deffective unit.

Anyway let me know (if you can of course) in case you find out anything unusual with it. Doesn't the PPC have a battery tracker that tells you how much total on time per charge are you getting?

Have you played any MP3, the brighthand guys said in their review that playing a continuous MP3 they got around 4 hours of bat life, which is good for a PPC (they say so, I'm not a PPC expert).

What about the other issues, does it comes with the sleave case??

Macguy59
01-07-2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks for your answer Byte.

Well I think that what you describe suggest that the battery issue mentioned by the other guy should be a deffective unit.

Anyway let me know (if you can of course) in case you find out anything unusual with it. Doesn't the PPC have a battery tracker that tells you how much total on time per charge are you getting?

Have you played any MP3, the brighthand guys said in their review that playing a continuous MP3 they got around 4 hours of bat life, which is good for a PPC (they say so, I'm not a PPC expert).

What about the other issues, does it comes with the sleave case??

WMP9 and other players work fine for audio both in WMA,MP3 & OGG formats. PocketTV does a great job with MPEG video. It does not come with a sleeve or case. Nor does it include a sync cradle, but you can get one for it. I should mention that the 1945 doesn't come with a case or cradle either. I use a 3rd party app for battery monitoring and getting incremental readings. Like I said for my typical normal use the battery consumption seems fine.