View Full Version : Question about syncing ppc with computer...

Stevoo187
01-06-2004, 12:35 AM
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering if it was possible to play videos and mp3's that are on my hard drive in my computer on my ipaq while it is synced with the computer. Could this be done without physically moving the files onto an SD Card or into the internal memory? If so... could you explain how to me? I was just curious as this would be very helpful :)

Steve

bradolson
01-06-2004, 01:00 AM
I don't think it is possible, since IIRC there is no way for the PPC to browse your PC, plus I doubt the USB connection would have enough bandwidth to stream the content, but I could be wrong.

Brad

Janak Parekh
01-06-2004, 02:32 AM
I don't think it is possible, since IIRC there is no way for the PPC to browse your PC
Well, when you're cradled (with or without a partnership), you have Internet passthrough connectivity... has anyone tried to see if a UNC pathname (i.e., SMB) would work in the cradle? If so, that would accomplish the trick.

Bandwidth, on the other hand, is indeed an issue. ;)

--janak

Brad Adrian
01-06-2004, 03:06 AM
... has anyone tried to see if a UNC pathname (i.e., SMB) would work in the cradle? If so, that would accomplish the trick.
Yes, I've done it with MP3s, but not with video files. It's not terribly convenient for playing multiple files, because you have to open each one individually, but it does work.