View Full Version : Screen Taps

pocketpcwiz
01-04-2004, 11:05 PM
Does and Ipaq users have to press a little firmer around the edges of your touch screen for it to recognize a screen tap? I have a Toshiba E355 and the middle of the screen is more sensitive than the left side around the edges. Is this normal?
Thanks for the information! :D

Dave Potter
01-04-2004, 11:21 PM
With my 1935, the sensetivity is the same no matter where I click on the screen.

Explorer
01-05-2004, 01:06 AM
My ipaq 1935 was definitely skitish about screen taps on the left side edge. Typically, if I were trying to move the cursor to the extreme edge of the screen it would sometimes highlight the word or part of a word instead of just blinking the cursor, so I'd have to tap a couple of times to get out of the highlight mode and back to the blinking cursor. Other times it would'nt move all the way to the edge, but usualy hold back one character space, so I'd have to use the 'left arrow key' to get it over there.

This might sound like a big problem, but really it was just a minor irritation, and did'nt happen all the time.

I found that usuing a more subtle stylus tap, rather than a firmer one, had better results.

I'm guessing that the 'skin' of the touch screen is tighter around the edges (like a drum) and makes for a less reliable tap. I'll bet the problem is somewhat inherent in the design of a pocket sized touch screen, so I would'nt be surprised if other brands of PDAs have the same glitch.

pocketpcwiz
01-05-2004, 03:01 AM
Thanks for the information....it was helpful!
Pocket PC Wiz
:D :D :D