View Full Version : Linking Appointments to Contacts

Dave Potter
01-02-2004, 05:45 AM
Does anyone know of an application or enhancement that will allow calendar appointments to be linked to a contact(s)?

Outlook for desktops PCs allow this - but the Pocket PC version does not. I understand that apps like Agenda Fusion and Pocket Informant allow this - but I am looking for a somewhat leaner approach.

For instance - there is a PowerToy from Microsoft that allows appointments to be created from a contact Called 'Contact Enhancement'. Is there anything out there similar that would allow the reverse - the appointment to be mapped or linked back to a contact(s)?

qmrq
01-02-2004, 03:10 PM
The "Attendees" field in appointments should do what you want.

Dave Potter
01-02-2004, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. However, the 'attendees' field only lets me associate contact names with the calendar event - but does not actually link the contact record to the event.

Ideally, when reviewing a calendar event, I would like to be able to click on the attendee name(s) and have the corresponding contact record open up. In my mind, this would seem to be a pretty basic functionality - but it is not built into Pocket Outlook.

baker
01-03-2004, 03:59 AM
Would this help?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/pocketpc/powertoys.mspx

Microsoft Power Contacts for Pocket PCs
This PowerToy adds the following options to the contacts pop-up menu:
Create Appointment - creates an appointment with the contact as the attendee and the subject.
Create Task - creates a task with the contact as the subject.
Open Web Page - opens the Web page associated with the contact.

This download is intended for English Windows Powered Pocket PC only.

ironguy
01-03-2004, 06:53 PM
PI does this. Simply open the appontment and go to the links page. You can link to other appts, contacts, files, whatever. Then, when you tap on the appt and the pre-edit page comes up, there is a 'links' tab that shows you everything and everyone you've linked to.

Lex
01-04-2004, 02:22 AM
Agenda Fusion does it.