View Full Version : Pocket PC Phone - XDAII - Tek N Toys

csterns
12-31-2003, 10:57 PM
I could have sworn I saw a post here and a reference to Tek n Toys offering for sale the XDA II. I can't seem to locate that information here or find the XDA II for sale at Tek n Toys. Was I imaging this or do they not offer it for sale anymore?

Paragon
12-31-2003, 11:11 PM
Here you go: http://estore.shopplex.com/app/storefront.aspx?cat_id=290&inv_id=31112230446767&modid=30214092059015

csterns
12-31-2003, 11:17 PM
Thanks but that's the MDA. I'm looking for the XDA II.

Paragon
12-31-2003, 11:18 PM
Oh sorry...I don't think they have had anything but.

Dave

Pat Logsdon
12-31-2003, 11:22 PM
Thanks but that's the MDA. I'm looking for the XDA II.
The MDA II is the same piece of hardware as the XDA II - the only difference is the obvious cosmetic change and maybe the software installed.

XDA II is what the OEM calls it (HTC). I believe that MDA is just T-Mobile's name for it in Germany. It also goes by "i-Mate", which is what Arne over at ppcw.net is selling...

csterns
12-31-2003, 11:58 PM
Okay thanks. It seems confusing since there has been much talk and a lot written about the XDA II (specifically). I liked what I saw and was not going to accept anything less. More yes, less no. I've gone to ppcw.net and found it. Thanks for the help.

I'm assuming it is available for use in the USA isn't it? Are the MDA and i-Mate made by the same manufacturer?

So where to buy it with the fastest delivery? PPCW or Tek n Toys?

musawi
01-01-2004, 12:12 AM
I would say TekNToys because PPCW do not open until the 4th. Order with TekNToys and you will probably get it on the 4th or before !

Pat Logsdon
01-01-2004, 12:15 AM
I'm assuming it is available for use in the USA isn't it?
Yup. Just pop your SIM card in it, and you're good to go.

Are the MDA and i-Mate made by the same manufacturer?

Yes - HTC makes all of the variations, and made all of the previous generation as well (Siemens SX56, O2 XDA, T-Mobile MDA, etc.)

So where to buy it with the fastest delivery? PPCW or Tek n Toys?
I believe that PPCW is located in Germany, while Tek n Toys is in Canada. Of the two, I'd think that Canada would be faster to the U.S. :mrgreen: Of course, you can always check eBay to see if you can find someone selling one in the States...

Paragon
01-01-2004, 12:29 AM
Tec N Toys actually ship out of the USA.

Dave