View Full Version : Samsung PCS Phone with Bluetooth and Camera

Jason Dunn
12-31-2003, 10:18 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Template2.cfm?LinkQualified=QualifiedProducts&Details=Yes&ProductID=1562' target='_blank'>http://qualweb.bluetooth.org/Templa...&ProductID=1562</a><br /><br /></div>This is just a little snigglet of information, but I thought it might brighten the last day of 2003 for you PCS users - it looks like Samsung is releasing the SPH-E3700, a CDMA (PCS) phone with Bluetooth 1.1 support, a "megapixel" camera (1.0 megapixels? 1.3?), and MMC support. It also has a rich set of Bluetooth profiles, including dial-up networking, hands-free, LAN-DT, OBEX, and a few others. One would hope that the carriers who carry Samsung phones in North America would be adopting this phone soon enough. Finally, a cool Bluetooth CDMA phone! That is, if it's CDMA. I've spent the last 10 minutes doing Google research and talking to smart people, and <a href="http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/P/PCS.html">technically PCS can refer to GSM or CDMA</a>, although in North America we're used to thinking of PCS being the same as CDMA. I'm going to bet that this is a CDMA phone, which is great news for you two-device folks that want a Bluetooth phone.

whydidnt
12-31-2003, 10:31 PM
Judging by Sprint's treatment of the T608 because of Bluetooth, and Verizon's obvious disdain for it, I'm willing to guess we won't see this phone in the USA anytime soon. :cry:

It's too bad that our best mobile networks (in terms of coverage) don't want to stay on the forefront of the mobile phone market.

I hope I'm wrong, but...

whydidnt

fgarcia10
12-31-2003, 10:34 PM
I have been looking for an excuse to buy an Ipaq 4XXX series. I hope Sprint woulb release this phone with unlimited Vision. :roll:

Stik
01-01-2004, 12:03 AM
technically PCS can refer to GSM or CDMA, although in North America we're used to thinking of PCS being the same as CDMA. I'm going to bet that this is a CDMA phone

I certainly wouldn't bet against you!

At first I thought that this would be Samsung's first foray into the B^ phone market. I was wrong. Samsung released their SGH-X410 B^ GSM model that was just B^ qualified mid-October.

http://www.zfone.com/mobiles.php/phoneid/10621

So if this phone is I.D'ed as PCS, well, I draw the same conclusion.

Seeing that Samsung's first B^ phone was brought to market in less than 6 weeks after being B^ qualified, maybe we'll see this one out sooner rather than later. Hope so. :)

ctmagnus
01-01-2004, 12:21 AM
This may not actually count for anything but Telus, a CDMA/1X carrier, has several SPH model Samsung phones in their lineup.

Janak Parekh
01-01-2004, 12:28 AM
This may not actually count for anything but Telus, a CDMA/1X carrier, has several SPH model Samsung phones in their lineup.
I'm 99.9999% sure none of them have BT. Samsung has long resisted releasing a BT phone on CDMA or GSM.

--janak

that_kid
01-01-2004, 12:57 AM
I hope Sprint woulb release this phone with unlimited Vision. :roll:

I have my T608 on an voice/unlimited vision plan and I also have my cf2031 on the same plan which is great but i'm getting disappointed with sprint lately.

Abba Zabba
01-01-2004, 01:12 AM

I have my T608 on an voice/unlimited vision plan and I also have my cf2031 on the same plan which is great but i'm getting disappointed with sprint lately.

How did u manage to get it with unlimeited vision? From what I have been reading around the web no one has been able to get more than the 3 mb crap that they're giving. 0X

mangochutneyman
01-01-2004, 04:21 AM

How did u manage to get it with unlimeited vision? From what I have been reading around the web no one has been able to get more than the 3 mb crap that they're giving. 0X

You had to purchase an un-activated T608 and then swap the ESN with a plan that already had unlimited vision. Thus you could grandfather in unlimited vison on the phone with an existing plan but had to purchase the 3 MB plan on all new activations. Search the threads at hofo's and sprintusers, there are many disscusions on this...

disconnected
01-01-2004, 04:27 AM
I already had unlimited Vision, and was able to transfer it over to the t608, which I ordered unactivated. My plan still shows unlimited Vision, although I suppose there's no guarantee that Sprint won't suddenly cancel it.

Meanwhile I'm thrilled with it; I don't think the phone itself is anything special (small screen, almost unreadable in daylight), but it's great not having to haul out the phone and the cord and string everything together to get onto the internet.

Deemo
02-16-2004, 05:31 PM
Any word on this phone yet?
CDMA?????